Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Lunatics and Low Flyers!  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Charlie Brown

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
Lunatics and Low Flyers!
« on: November 03, 2013, 01:48:35 pm »
On Saturday I went out to try and photograph some Cape Foxes, unfortunately I couldn't find their den yet. On my way home, I passed Zone 7 where they were having some or other MX event.

These guys are absolutely  crazy the way they ride  >:D.......either NO BRAIN OR NO FEAR......I suspect a bit of both! Anyway, seeing as I had my camera with me, I thought I would try a bit of bike photography as I had never tried this out before. What a lot of fun, and some lekker pics as a bonus...........I really must go and try this out again. I will learn and figure out the best vantage point to be at on the track.

I managed to get 79 pics out of two races, here is a small sample of some of the pics.

Honestly, I think these guys are all farking nuts!

Offline Driffie

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: Lunatics and Low Flyers!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 03:18:58 pm »
this pics are really cool man. some more of ds bikes in future?
2012 R1200GS Trippleblack

Offline 2510JP

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 06:29:08 pm »
 :thumleft:
He who sits on the highest horse, falls the hardest !!

Offline Etienne2T

• Mr.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Dinosaur
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 07:18:22 pm »
Small tip for when you shoot something like MX, try to shoot a lot wider as you can't appreciate the size of the jumps we do in those pics :) Zone7 was nice on sat :ricky:

Offline Charlie Brown

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 07:50:14 pm »
Small tip for when you shoot something like MX, try to shoot a lot wider as you can't appreciate the size of the jumps we do in those pics :) Zone7 was nice on sat :ricky:

Thanks for the tip. Yes, I realised that, but the only lens that I had with me was my 500mm f4 and the jump was right in front of me. Unfortunately, I arrived very late in the day and there was only 1 race left to go when I got there. Next time I want to try and get a more side on position and see if my 200mm or 300mm will work better as the 500mm is definitely too long for this type of action.

You got any contacts to get me to the inside portion of the track at Zone 7? This would give me a lot more photo opportunities.

Online eberhard

• Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Time takes a cigarette...
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 07:56:34 pm »
 :thumleft:
eberhard
Aggostini 1000
R90S
R80/7
R75/5 Big Boy 150 Vuka 110

Offline Etienne2T

• Mr.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Dinosaur
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 08:12:07 pm »

Thanks for the tip. Yes, I realised that, but the only lens that I had with me was my 500mm f4 and the jump was right in front of me. Unfortunately, I arrived very late in the day and there was only 1 race left to go when I got there. Next time I want to try and get a more side on position and see if my 200mm or 300mm will work better as the 500mm is definitely too long for this type of action.

You got any contacts to get me to the inside portion of the track at Zone 7? This would give me a lot more photo opportunities.

Shit, yeah a 500 is waaay to tight for that, especially on the front stepup you were shooting at. The racing is done for this year, but there's a good 80-100 people at the track on any given Sat/Sun, and then you can walk wherever you want to and take pics.

If you want to shoot at a race next year send me a pm and I'll put you in touch with the people to get media passes.

I also take pics and video at the track when I'm too injured to race  O0:D Have a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcwKkwZ3Eyw

Offline Edgar

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 08:14:54 pm »
Awesome action shots! I like  ;)

Offline Charlie Brown

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 08:30:06 pm »
Thanks for the offer and will do.