Wild Dog Brotherhood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LanceSA

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I have had an idea running thru my head for a while now that I would like to bounce off you.

When traveling, one of the biggest expenses is accommodation. A B & B will start at about R 250 per night and even camping will cost between R 70 â?? R 100 a night. Back Packers are also about R 100. So if someone is going on a motorbike trip around South Africa a bed to sleep in is a very expensive part of the trip costings.

Now I would be happy to have some touring guys sleep in my guest bedroom or put up a tent in the yard. In fact all the biking friends I have would be most accommodating and I believe that the biking community country wide would say the same. So this got me thinking. We need a way to create a data base and some guidelines and then there could be a give and take of free accommodation country wide for the biking community.

The obvious answer would be to create such a database within the Wilddogtours members. Possible add another topic, set some basic rules like you have to be prepared to provide accommodation to receive accommodation, must be a registered member in good standing, must prearrange â?? no just pitching up. Maybe a grading system based on the number of people youâ??ve hosted. Also the ability to write a report if someone has been a bad guest etc, etc.

At the end of the day it would be a win win situation for all.

What do you think? Is it possible?