Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 2010 690 Enduro R cutting out  (Read 525 times)

Offline Ross Riddle

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
2010 690 Enduro R cutting out
« on: December 28, 2013, 06:28:38 am »
Morning all,
I have just got back from a awesome trip to underberg and Sani region with the missus and family and obviously took the 690R to do some adventuring.
While riding Sani pass I was following a couple of van s up and going slowly the  bike ran hot but nothing extreme maybe 8 \ 9 bars on the temp gauge but here is the kicker the bike kept on stalling while on?
It did this about 4 times on the ride, I would then have to wait about 15/20min then tried again and started up no problem?
On returning on the road it did it again twice, just died on me while riding at about 65kph, pulled off tried to started but just would not start up, starter was turning but wouldn't fire. Waited a while then tried again and started?
I would appreciate any advice from anyone who had dealt with a similar problem or knows of what to possibly do to correct the problem?
EVO 50X, Honda Racing replica Pocket bike, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W, 2016 Husky 450 FE Rally Conversion

Online Rascal

Re: 2010 690 Enduro R cutting out
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 08:46:53 am »
8/9 bars does not sound right, the highest mine has gone up was six, when very hot and working hard.

Offline witblitz

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 11:15:15 am »
1 - When the bike is running, how does it idle?

If it idles badly, check the voltage of the battery when the bike is off. Then start the bike and watch the voltage. If the voltage goes up and exceeds 16.5-17V (I cannot remember the exact voltage now), the bike would cut out. This is an indication that the voltage regulator is stuffed. Happened with my father's 690.
Second test is to put voltage regulator on a 690 that you know runs well.

2 - Is the injector clean?

3 - What octane fuel were you running?

Offline LONG BOB

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 06:08:04 am »
Check that a rock never hit the side stand switch , happened to me and had me stumped. Eventually wouldnt start and took it in they found the part on side stand a bit loose put lock tight and she never given problems again

Offline LONG BOB

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 07:02:54 am »
Mine did the same yesterday ! Was hauling along and started spluttering and dieing, could nurse her in 2nd gear till i got home. Then she would idle for a min then die. Read further up how to reset everything and it seemed to work .
Had to set the maping on no 3 for her to idle, then leave for 15min.
Reset throttle as well and seems to have sorted the problem out