Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: E-Tolls  (Read 6881 times)

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • You said it, man. Nobody fucks with Jesus Quintana
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
Re: E-Tolls
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2018, 05:00:56 pm »
Farking clowns, i wonder who is paying for the road upgrades for the past 2/3 odd years?

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2018, 08:35:35 pm »
they can suck the same middle finger I've given them for the past 5 years - f u c k e m!

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2018, 05:47:24 pm »
fukkem ... and the people who vote for their ilk in goverment
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline JC

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2018, 05:55:10 pm »
daai lot is gesuip... ek koop 'n kar in Gauteng en nou stuur hulle vir my e-toll rekenings vir voordat ek die kar gekoop het en nadat die kar al in die Kaap is.

Offline wiledog_X

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2019, 01:41:39 pm »
So there it is: Motorists will be fined for not paying e-tolls, under the new Aarto Bill. This is the ONLY reason this Aarto BS was implemented....  And I WILL STILL NOT PAY!  :dousing:

https://www.da.org.za/2019/08/motorists-will-be-fined-for-not-paying-e-tolls-under-aarto
"all your base are belong to us!!!"

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2019, 08:55:33 pm »
TWO WORDS....... FUCK THEM!

The following users thanked this post: BullFrog, wiledog_X

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2019, 01:26:14 pm »
Resistance is futile.

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2019, 01:32:58 pm »
Resistance is futile.

Well I disagree....but the fuck them attitude will just escalate the issue and we’ll govt will probably win in the end.

I have always said that big business in za has no idea of sustainability and long term profitability. As crime and corruption spirals ppl leave making the resource pool smaller and more expensive, this is no good for business.

What ppl in ZA should do is explore legal avenues to stop this. Refuse to use the highways, ppl get to work late, business is impacted, business lobbies government and government change tack.

What if everyone in ZA were to resign on the same day?

Problem is ppl ant got skin in the game.....easy enough to sound off but time to actually do something
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Online chicco

• Revolution or death........
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2019, 01:46:13 pm »
So there it is: Motorists will be fined for not paying e-tolls, under the new Aarto Bill. This is the ONLY reason this Aarto BS was implemented....  And I WILL STILL NOT PAY!  :dousing:

https://www.da.org.za/2019/08/motorists-will-be-fined-for-not-paying-e-tolls-under-aarto

The problem is if you dont pay, fine, demerit points, licence suspended, renewal blocked, no licence, no insurance or loan for new car, criminal record, outstanding fines, arrest next to the road.....the list goes on....most people will rather just pay.....
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 990, HONDA CRF 230, KTM 990S

Offline mox

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2019, 02:33:49 pm »
........ Or we will see the biggest tax revolt and certain institutions will collapse. Stand fast  :thumleft:
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2019, 02:53:29 pm »
........ Or we will see the biggest tax revolt and certain institutions will collapse. Stand fast  :thumleft:

Yeah I doubt that

if you look at human behavior and how it works at the moment.. if you get a fine do you pay it? 100% willing to bet  you don't. call it a revolt or just call it a fuck you attitude, no matter, most people dont pay their fines. If you go to renew your licence and they tell you that you have R2500 in outstanding fines and you must pay 1st before they will licence your vehicle.. 100% bet you swipe your card

Want to sell your car.. pay.. want to renew your licence.. pay

its a clever move from them and its one I think will work

Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline mox

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2019, 03:01:22 pm »
As I said, stand fast but I hear you. South Africans as a collective are actually weak.
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2019, 03:44:20 pm »

Yeah I doubt that

if you look at human behavior and how it works at the moment.. if you get a fine do you pay it? 100% willing to bet  you don't. call it a revolt or just call it a fuck you attitude, no matter, most people dont pay their fines. If you go to renew your licence and they tell you that you have R2500 in outstanding fines and you must pay 1st before they will licence your vehicle.. 100% bet you swipe your card

Want to sell your car.. pay.. want to renew your licence.. pay

its a clever move from them and its one I think will work

Certainly not a clever move, even if people do pay, more dishonesty will be forced upon us. Instead it is an awfully short-sighted move, typical of the post 1994 rulers.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2019, 08:06:46 pm »
As I said, stand fast but I hear you. South Africans as a collective are actually weak.

for sure! they talk BIG around the braai, but squirm and pay up at the slightest threat - no balls! 

BUT, there seem to be more and more.... even ou tannies...... that have decided FUCK THIS SHIT!

Online chicco

• Revolution or death........
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2019, 09:04:51 pm »
I've been wondering about something, I never received aN e toll account so never had the opportunity not to pay one. If my vehicle is registered in another province do they post the bill to you? I've changed my postal address to my residential address 3 years ago and havent received a notification or fine since I changed from postal to residential. There is no longer residential deliveries done in my neighbourhood and I've also noticed the address on the system still show my postal; address. I've even completed the special change of address document and indicate the metode of postal delivery on licence renewal as residential but still don't receive anything. What must I do to ensure I get a e toll account when Im traveling to JHB next month with my car?
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 990, HONDA CRF 230, KTM 990S

Offline Rascal

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2019, 09:18:45 pm »
What a FKUP. Theire admin is so flawed its a joke. I received e toll bills in cape town for a vehicle running in joburg with a plate number that coincides with my 3 digit plate. Except   they have five digits. Our plates just starts the same. So who will loose points. Me or him. Just one examples of thousands more. Screw them.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2019, 05:01:37 pm »
Sanral just got a ratings upgrade.
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline wiledog_X

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2019, 11:48:18 am »
So the ANC is going ahead with e-tolls. All Gauteng residents better buckle up for a big fight coming.   :xxbah:

Premier David Makhura going back on his word to abolish e-toll completely

Media release by:
Adv. Anton Alberts
FF Plus national chairperson and MPL: Gauteng Legislature
1 October 2019

During a question and answer session in the Gauteng Legislature, the Gauteng Premier, David Makhura, indicated in his response to a question by the FF Plus that the Gauteng ANC's final position on the e-toll issue is that SANRAL's debt must be paid. The FF Plus considers this position disgraceful seeing as the Gauteng ANC has always stated that it is totally opposed to e-toll.

Now, however, is seems that during recent negotiations with the national ANC government, the Gauteng ANC decided that certain road users, particularly large companies, must keep on paying e-toll.
 The Premier gave this response after Adv Anton Alberts, FF Plus chairperson and leader in the Gauteng Legislature, confronted him because in the runup to the 2019 general elections, they repeatedly made it clear that they are totally opposed to e-toll. The Gauteng ANC even marched to the Union Buildings in protest against e-toll and the national ANC government.

Adv Alberts also expressed to the Premier that if the ANC in Gauteng really is serious about abolishing e-toll, they must declare a formal dispute with the national government in terms of the Intergovernmental Relations Framework Act and exhaust the remedies contained therein.

Should all the remedies be exhausted without success, the provincial ANC government must take the national government to court.
 The Premier merely responded by saying that there exists no dispute between the provincial and national governments regarding e-toll and his reaction reinforces the suspicion that Premier Makhura and his ANC team capitulated.

The FF Plus is, furthermore, concerned as it seems that large business will be sacrificed on the altar to pay off the e-toll debt while these companies are already highly taxed. This so-called solution will surely lead to more job losses as businesses try to absorb the e-toll costs. Clearly the ANC cannot be trusted as regards the e-toll issue. The FF Plus will continue to fight to have e-toll abolished completely.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 11:49:36 am by wiledog_X »
"all your base are belong to us!!!"

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2019, 12:25:48 pm »
guess we'll have to wait and see what happens when the 1st non-payer has his day in court?

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2019, 05:39:19 pm »
why isnt the gauteng cANCer charged with fraud ???  for making falls election statements
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride