Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: HID, LAMPF issue  (Read 5749 times)

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
Re: HID, LAMPF issue
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 12:02:02 pm »
Different bike and set-up, but I had the same issue of the HID not always firing on start-up.  So I installed a toggle switch to switch it on after starting the motor.  Works every time, and it's sometimes useful to be able to switch the headlight off.

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 12:41:08 pm »
Different bike and set-up, but I had the same issue of the HID not always firing on start-up.  So I installed a toggle switch to switch it on after starting the motor.  Works every time, and it's sometimes useful to be able to switch the headlight off.

Since fitting the 35w unit I have absolutely no issues, it ALWAYS starts up now
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Duke916

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2014, 07:43:55 am »
Eish only saw this now. You should try and get a canbus compliant ballast to eliminate the LAMPF error message. Got my HID kit on for +- 4 years and no issues what so ever. In this time i have never had the need to use my spots and same goes for the brights ( also HID ) only use the brights to irritate stupid cagers, even during daytime the bright is awesome  :thumleft:
Then : RD50  550 Four  900F   CBX  CBX Prolink XL 500 XR 500  CR 450  MTX 200  916 BIP

Now :  1100RC  R100 RT    1098  RGV 250  KTM 495  R 1200GS ADV    KLR650

Offline Alsdad

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
  • Troy
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2014, 07:58:57 am »
Same problem! Don't know if it's psychological, but I turn on the ignition while I put my helmet and gloves on and then start the bike and it seems to help 80% of the time.

Doesn't like an ignition on and start up straight away, HID goes off most of the time.
It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission!

Offline pwt

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 09:34:39 pm »
Also have the same issue with mine, especialle when the ambient temperature dip below 16C, could you please give more info of the ballast you make mention off
ie. Where to get and what to ask for, and also how and where to install?
Thanks Duke916, looking forward to your reply in order sort this once and for all

Eish only saw this now. You should try and get a canbus compliant ballast to eliminate the LAMPF error message. Got my HID kit on for +- 4 years and no issues what so ever. In this time i have never had the need to use my spots and same goes for the brights ( also HID ) only use the brights to irritate stupid cagers, even during daytime the bright is awesome  :thumleft:

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2014, 06:42:55 am »
Slight hi-jack ... anyone solved the fast blinking of LED indicators on a 1200 ... fitted inline resistors to no effect?
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Online OomD

• #imstayingpositive
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2014, 07:39:20 am »
Slight hi-jack ... anyone solved the fast blinking of LED indicators on a 1200 ... fitted inline resistors to no effect?

The resistors should go in parallel with the LEDs, not inline.

Offline fun-24-7

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2014, 08:20:57 pm »
Apologies for the hi-jack - I have been riding for a while now with the LAMPF warning on the display of my 1200 ADV 2006 model - started after having replaced the low beam globe which were dead. I have replaced the same globe before when it blew and after replacement the warning light always canselled, but not this time. I even replaced the bulb with a second new one, thinking there might be something wrong with the first, but the warning light is still on - anyone have any idea how to get the warning out? I use the normal 55W or whatever globes that sells for R20 or so....

Online BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2014, 08:24:10 pm »

The resistors should go in parallel with the LEDs, not inline.

Even in parallel I had no joy!
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

Online BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2014, 08:25:17 pm »
Apologies for the hi-jack - I have been riding for a while now with the LAMPF warning on the display of my 1200 ADV 2006 model - started after having replaced the low beam globe which were dead. I have replaced the same globe before when it blew and after replacement the warning light always canselled, but not this time. I even replaced the bulb with a second new one, thinking there might be something wrong with the first, but the warning light is still on - anyone have any idea how to get the warning out? I use the normal 55W or whatever globes that sells for R20 or so....

I think you may have to disconnect battery and reboot bike.

Offline Jughead

• Old rail tunnel, Cradock.
  • Forum Whore
  • Port Elizabeth
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2014, 08:57:00 am »

Check your indicator globes.  They also bring up the LAMPF or LAMPR errors.
I came here to drink milk and kick arse!  And i've just finished my milk.
http://www.dsmc.co.za        http://www.triumphowners.com/to-car/mkiii/
Supplier of Ticket to the Moon Hammocks   http://www.ticketothemoon.com             

Offline fun-24-7

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2014, 08:12:39 pm »
Thanks for the replies Guys - I think the problem might be the park light, which is also not working. very strange for both the park and low beam to fail at the same time, but I will get a globe tomorrow and then see what happens.....

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2014, 07:39:55 am »
Thanks for the replies Guys - I think the problem might be the park light, which is also not working. very strange for both the park and low beam to fail at the same time, but I will get a globe tomorrow and then see what happens.....

Do you need to remove the whole headlight to get to the park light?

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2014, 09:57:16 am »
park light is a bitch to get out but its doable. Just get the clip thingy off.
The park light will cause the error, also if you put in something non standard like I have in now. It wont have the correct resistance and throw the error. stupid, theres no white park light plug and play off the shelf that I know of. And the standard cheapie is to much of a yellow light.
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2014, 09:58:52 am »
park light is a bitch to get out but its doable. Just get the clip thingy off.
The park light will cause the error, also if you put in something non standard like I have in now. It wont have the correct resistance and throw the error. stupid, theres no white park light plug and play off the shelf that I know of. And the standard cheapie is to much of a yellow light.

Wont LED work? I was thinking of changing mine to LED

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline fun-24-7

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2014, 07:47:16 pm »
The park light can be changed without removing anything - just pull the rubber housing of the little globe out of its socket and change the globe. Bit of an issue if you do not have fingers six inches long and not thicker than a straw, but its possible. Replaced my blown light with a similar 5 Watt one, and the warning light has gone out. R8.00, but it gave me about R500 worth of trouble.....just because I did not see that the park light was also blown.....

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2014, 06:28:54 am »
LED will still throw the error. its resistance is to low.
I have bought a seperate resistor which should solve this, but havent gotten to installing it yet so cant report on that yet. but there is a lot of info on the net on this, the same thing happens with cars.  (Actually I misplaced the LEDs I bought, also want to install them then with the resistor)
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Online BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2014, 07:36:40 am »
LED will still throw the error. its resistance is to low.
I have bought a seperate resistor which should solve this, but havent gotten to installing it yet so cant report on that yet. but there is a lot of info on the net on this, the same thing happens with cars.  (Actually I misplaced the LEDs I bought, also want to install them then with the resistor)

I have tried resistors that came with my Oxford Nano indicators with no luck ...

Offline skoemba

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2014, 12:18:12 am »
Guys, I replaced my park light with an LED and got the LAMPF error. After searching I found out that it needs to be a CANBUS ready LED lamp. Bought one from http://www.4x4direct.co.za/shop/ in Brackenfell and VOILA. All good.

Looks stunning with the HID light. Now I see you can replace the spotlights aswell, so off to 4x4direct again..........
Ride it like you stole it!

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2014, 07:40:20 am »
 :thumleft: Excellent!!!

Did you have to remove the entire headlight unit to get to the park light?
It looks extremely toit in there

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key