Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BMW NORTHSIDE MOTORCYCLES What an Insult  (Read 32584 times)

Offline Orangeswifty

• Please proceed to suck my
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Ousted Rebel Alpha Male
Re: BMW NORTHSIDE MOTORCYCLES What an Insult
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2014, 07:00:52 pm »
Seems like all the bigmouths who criticized Whyme is now deadandgone????
Just shows you heh?
Talk is cheap until it becomes a toffee
 :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

I sincerely hope you are not calling me a bigmouth since you do not know me...

Yes I criticized Whyme since I still feel we never heard both sides of the story and the way he put it comes across as him baiting the salesperson - I may be wrong though.

Why on earth bring race into this now, is it just a play to get more support for Whyme (he certainly did not feel he needed to do that, and I for one never considered race, never new what Whyme's race is, and do not care anyway, and neither should anyone else).

If the salesperson treated Whyme badly because of his race he/she is an idiot, but only he/she will know.

I still feel this thread is pointless, and other threads like this too - a thread about real life bad service we are warned about is a different thing in my opinion.

In the end, if a dealership of any kind pisses you off it is easy enough, vote with your wallet.
If the shoe fits, wear it
Maybe you're just another fat cat.........how would I know??
All my mates I have met through this forum are still my mates and I don't need more...................
I stick to my point though
It was OK to critisize the oke about his experience............and no-one had anything to say when they learnt he was a black oke??????
I agree - race has nothing to do with the oke at BMW's attitude towards a customer.................
That is ......................until you read his first post again with above in mind.

The salesman should be fired
and no one should buy anything from the dealership again
If that's their attitude towards the general customer.................seeing that race plays no role................fuck them!
We are blessed to share the biking fraternity together!
Do it now - tomorrow you are dead!
Real friends value loyalty regardless!

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2014, 07:02:37 pm »
Farked up attitude - very glad you reported it here :thumleft:

Exactly the same condescending prejudice attitude as the many examples of how affluent farmers, dressed in their pt shorts and khaki shirts (simple dress) sometimes get treated by arrogant prejudice sales people when buying a bakkie.

Chances are 99.9% this arrogant person took one look at this young black man dressed in simple clothes on the day and thought - wtf is he doing here and fark that, his type is not eating my muffins.

Spin it as you like....thats the most likely scenario.

And btw, if a sales person starts his conversation 'what do you want' with me - he will get much more from me than Whyme gave him.  No need to apologize at all Whyme. In this case there is only one asshole. Fark him and his business.

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2014, 07:04:20 pm »
Seems like all the bigmouths who criticized Whyme is now deadandgone????
Just shows you heh?
Talk is cheap until it becomes a toffee
 :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

I sincerely hope you are not calling me a bigmouth since you do not know me...

Yes I criticized Whyme since I still feel we never heard both sides of the story and the way he put it comes across as him baiting the salesperson - I may be wrong though.

Why on earth bring race into this now, is it just a play to get more support for Whyme (he certainly did not feel he needed to do that, and I for one never considered race, never new what Whyme's race is, and do not care anyway, and neither should anyone else).

If the salesperson treated Whyme badly because of his race he/she is an idiot, but only he/she will know.

I still feel this thread is pointless, and other threads like this too - a thread about real life bad service we are warned about is a different thing in my opinion.

In the end, if a dealership of any kind pisses you off it is easy enough, vote with your wallet.
If the shoe fits, wear it
Maybe you're just another fat cat.........how would I know??
All my mates I have met through this forum are still my mates and I don't need more...................
I stick to my point though
It was OK to critisize the oke about his experience............and no-one had anything to say when they learnt he was a black oke??????
I agree - race has nothing to do with the oke at BMW's attitude towards a customer.................
That is ......................until you read his first post again with above in mind.

The salesman should be fired
and no one should buy anything from the dealership again
If that's their attitude towards the general customer.................seeing that race plays no role................fuck them!

Argo  :thumleft:

Offline Runner

• Forum Vendor
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • Willearea
    • Off Road Cycles
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2014, 07:06:59 pm »
You sure he is black ?:peepwall:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 07:07:24 pm by Runner »
OFF ROAD CYCLES:
012 333 6443/087 808 3649/ 087 808 3650
WhattApp 082 823 4714 | info@offroadcycles.co.za
22 Blesbok Ave, Koedoespoort Industrial, Pretoria.

Offline ktmmer

« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2014, 07:07:57 pm »
Today I was helping a coloured friend who ran out of petrol - I pulled up at a TOTAL service station with an empty 1,5 l mineral water bottle and asked for R20 worth of petrol to take back to him

Kondiso told me NO we do not fill drink bottles  while he was filling up a black motorist's 20 l jerry can with huge sticker on that said WATER ONLY

My po3someter went from 0 - redline in a heartbeat

What should I do ?

Did you stop at the KFC to buy lunch  :peepwall:

Offline Orangeswifty

• Please proceed to suck my
  • Ousted Rebel Alpha Male
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2014, 07:12:26 pm »
Hehehehehehehe :biggrin:
You would know!
He's your customer!
We are blessed to share the biking fraternity together!
Do it now - tomorrow you are dead!
Real friends value loyalty regardless!

Offline Runner

• Forum Vendor
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • Willearea
    • Off Road Cycles
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2014, 07:25:37 pm »
You would know!
He's your customer!

And a good one, so stop fucking around :thumleft:
OFF ROAD CYCLES:
012 333 6443/087 808 3649/ 087 808 3650
WhattApp 082 823 4714 | info@offroadcycles.co.za
22 Blesbok Ave, Koedoespoort Industrial, Pretoria.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2014, 07:36:04 pm »
I have recently seen a top BMW salesteam turn turkey on a good customer after he would not go away with his rubbish bike's problems.
Before and during the sale he was aloud to eat the muffins, when the shit popped up he was not even aloud to look at them.

Whyme, I know that you are telling the truth.

The word "false" was coined by BMW.

Offline Arno Roux

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Viljoenskroon
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2014, 07:48:59 pm »
Whyme, No answer from BMW yet?
You live only once. Live it on the back of a GS with your BOETA next to you on his GS

Offline nielvn

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2014, 07:50:18 pm »
You would know!
He's your customer!

And a good one, so stop fucking around :thumleft:

:thumleft: :thumleft: Well said Runner, does matter who or what, no potential customer needs to be treated this way.

Offline KenDakar

« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2014, 08:14:57 pm »
You guys get muffins at your BMW dealership and water. We don't even get greeted and lucky if you can find the salesman or anybody behind the counter in their spairs department. I think bmw service sucks.that is in Kimberly.

Offline Brodes

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Don't ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2014, 01:02:30 am »
Farked up attitude - very glad you reported it here :thumleft:

Exactly the same condescending prejudice attitude as the many examples of how affluent farmers, dressed in their pt shorts and khaki shirts (simple dress) sometimes get treated by arrogant prejudice sales people when buying a bakkie.

Chances are 99.9% this arrogant person took one look at this young black man dressed in simple clothes on the day and thought - wtf is he doing here and fark that, his type is not eating my muffins.

Spin it as you like....thats the most likely scenario.

And btw, if a sales person starts his conversation 'what do you want' with me - he will get much more from me than Whyme gave him.  No need to apologize at all Whyme. In this case there is only one asshole. Fark him and his business.

+1
Hinc Orior
R1200R
R1200GS
DR650SE, DRZ400E, 300XC-W, CR230F, Montesa Cota 315 R

Offline White Rhino

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Save the White Rhino
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2014, 04:16:10 am »
If the events portrayed are true and you didn't stash some muffins in your pocket, then it does surprise me - I've been dealing with Northside for many years and on many occasions with all of the floor staff - never had anything less than good service and interactions. I can add that the ol'man who doesn't really work there but shows up from time to time does have a bit of a different approach to the regular staff. Steve in the workshop is the man and the prime reason I keep going back.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, WR450 Rallye, KTM990 Adv, HP2, HPN635, 1200GS LC

Offline JustBendIt

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • cunning linguistic afficionado
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2014, 04:36:56 am »
Today I was helping a coloured friend who ran out of petrol - I pulled up at a TOTAL service station with an empty 1,5 l mineral water bottle and asked for R20 worth of petrol to take back to him

Kondiso told me NO we do not fill drink bottles  while he was filling up a black motorist's 20 l jerry can with huge sticker on that said WATER ONLY

My po3someter went from 0 - redline in a heartbeat

What should I do ?

Start a thread of course, and remember Hellopeter.

I did nothing ... and am ashamed of it

I thought about it for a second or two and then just rode off to the BP garage up the road where a very nice friendly pompjoggie (black) helped me (white)

Should I call Des Tutu and ask him to re-open the TRC so I can confess the evil thoughts I had for things I did not do ?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:38:24 am by Jagsding »
The older I get the faster I was

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2014, 05:39:12 am »
If the events portrayed are true and you didn't stash some muffins in your pocket, then it does surprise me - I've been dealing with Northside for many years and on many occasions with all of the floor staff - never had anything less than good service and interactions. I can add that the ol'man who doesn't really work there but shows up from time to time does have a bit of a different approach to the regular staff. Steve in the workshop is the man and the prime reason I keep going back.

And that is great, but the point made is that it seems if you are young, black and is dressed simply - you are treated differently.  And that dear friends is the point of this thread.

Offline Mzee

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Bikes: DL 650 Suzuki; Honda 250 Suzuki 125; Vespa
    • Mzee-Jaki
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2014, 07:07:41 am »
Sometimes learn to ignore certain things.  Saves your blood pressure going up.
Life is kind to those who afford it kindness

XT1200Z Super Tenere

Offline Lord Knormoer

• is nog 'n kinders :-)
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Wassie ekkie!
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2014, 07:18:36 am »
Sometimes learn to ignore certain things.  Saves your blood pressure going up.

:thumleft:

People have always and will continue to misjudge other people based on appearance and perception. Many of us can recall this happening at some point in your life. I personally experienced similar dismissive and condescending behaviour in car dealerships, hifi stores, camera stores and banks to name a few.

I learnt early on that judging a dealership and/or brand based on behaviour of individuals is bad for your health and in the end get's you nothing.

This incident was unacceptable so do not let them get away with it. However, address the issue in a persistent yet mature fashion and help prevent it from happening again :deal:

Offline Whyme

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2014, 08:05:24 am »
Why Me it sounds like they judged u by your looks ,Not good for any business ,Have u ever had dealings with the infamous Offroad -cyclces in Pretoria

Yes he knows me and he is one of my very good customers and I will back him. I have had lots of dealings with him, and never was I fucked around.

By the way, how is that X chalenge doing? Happy with all the mods??

Mr Conrad, the X is doing okay, havent had much time to ride it since the mods. But I must say I am very happy with work done by yourself and the team, even though you  do not have free water and muffins at your shop :peepwall: :lol8:
2010 BMW 1200GSA Anniversary - Sold
2007 BMW G650 X Challenge

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2014, 08:07:14 am »

And that is great, but the point made is that it seems if you are young, black and is dressed simply - you are treated differently.  And that dear friends is the point of this thread.

how u know he is young or even dressed simply?

:pot:
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline Whyme

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2014, 08:23:05 am »
Guys would just like to indicate the gentleman I had an encounter with, is not a salesman as I have been told, he is part owner. So I don't think it would be fair to point finger at Northside Sales people, before this little episode I have had fantastic service from BMW delearships :thumleft:

I am also not trying to kill BMW Northside business by starting this thread, all I would like to know is why did they gentleman have to warn me to stay away from the coockie jar(Muffins and other goodies on table :'(), Imagine if my kid had spotted the muffins on the table("daddy, daddy, muffin)....hehehehe then I would have been in kak ;D then would have had to tell her to "STOP IT YOU ARE NOT CUSTOMER!"  :biggrin:

Anyway I am over it now, I too have learned lesson from this :thumleft:
2010 BMW 1200GSA Anniversary - Sold
2007 BMW G650 X Challenge