New tyres needed: Anakee 3 / Mitas E07 opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
My bike needs new rubber. I am stucj at a cross roads, currently have Heidi K60's on it, the front leaks, it s apain in my ass, I probably wont get Heidis again, not in the front at least. But I got around 9000km on the rear, which isnt bad in my opinion, it drips nicely off road as well, I like the handling in dirt.

I commute everyday and most of my riding is on tar, on long trips I am not afraid to do dirt, and the odd weekend ride too.

I have now looked at the Mitas E07, whcih rates on teh same level as the K60, so Mileage will be about the same, the tread pattern also looks more agressive than the K60 and IMHO looks like it can handle dirt better.

I am also considering the Anakee 3 which has high road ratings, and some dirt, but the tread loosk liek a track bike tread, it doesnt look very decent on dirt to me, btu what do I know?

Logic says the Anakee is the way to go with my riding, but my confidence in the dirt will take a dive with these.

Who has tried the Anakees? What are they like really on the dirt?

I should probably add that my throttle hand is very aggressive too  :peepwall: