How tall do you have to be ride a GSA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy-joe

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
howsit guys,

I am currently thinking of getting another beemer.  just love the boxer motor so wont leave it behind at the moment.  the application I will use it is for day trip with the Mrs on the back and perhaps a Sani pass thrown in every now and then, so light dirt but mostly tar with decent gravel thrown in.  Plastics are the right bike for anything more demanding.

I have owned an 1100GS, 1150GS and the 1150GSA and I did ok with them but the GSA was a bit tall for me and I put her over once or twice. I have ridden a 1200 GSA and an HP2 and haven't fallen over.  the 1200 GSA was in the tall position cos my mate, who's bike itwais, is way taller than me.  once its rolling, no worries but its those sudden stops when the bike wants to topple over where I battle. 

anyway, the point is, I'm 1.73m tall (short!) is that too short for the 1200 GSA?  much prefer the looks of the GSA, maybe put a standard 1200 suspension on it?

appreciate your thoughts...