Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: ESA Question  (Read 509 times)

Offline 1190

ESA Question
« on: June 30, 2014, 07:56:32 pm »
Is the ESA supposed to cycle up and down after a start? I have changed from the one helmet setting to the two helmet setting about 1000 km ago and its happened twice. I've done 6000 km and it happened after the bike stood overnight and once after standing for a week. Both times its been colder than usual +-6 degrees??
Smith & Wesson the original point and click interface

Offline AntVan

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • I am the Zipslayer! Hear me zzzzzzzzp!
Re: ESA Question
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 08:37:41 pm »
No not supposed to happen. Check your battery. Them 'lectric bikes are tricksy...
I don't always drop my bike, but when I do, I prefer to drop her in front of a crowd

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 09:35:25 pm »
 :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: 1190, you gotta change your forum name, or move back to KTM  ;) ;D

Offline Lord Knormoer

• is nog 'n kinders :-)
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Wassie ekkie!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 07:19:36 am »
Is the ESA supposed to cycle up and down after a start? I have changed from the one helmet setting to the two helmet setting about 1000 km ago and its happened twice. I've done 6000 km and it happened after the bike stood overnight and once after standing for a week. Both times its been colder than usual +-6 degrees??

Have not experienced that before. Your bike is new, let the dealer run diagnostics and check software.

Offline 1190

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 08:31:16 pm »
Phoned bm trouble you and they said it's a common problem with the switch... Thanks George for the great feedback from Bmw P.E.
Smith & Wesson the original point and click interface