Lovely sand at Waterford - NC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ama ride ride

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Warning - The lead role is played by a Quad. Exit if you dont like quads :deal:

Last week my arse itched for a bietjie sand so out come the cell and off goes a whatsup message to Hendrik, owner of Waterford farm.

"Reg, sien jou Saterdag" Answer Hendrik.

Since most WD's are terrible allergic to sand I did not keep high hopes for some WD company.

Early morning, lekker fresh, bakkie loaded with petrol, gear, apples, bananas sandwich water and of course a few beers. I hoped the rainclouds in the distance would stay and keep things cool. Dit word donners warm hier in die groen kalahari. (For info, Postmasburg is op die grens tussen die Diamantveld (oos) en Groen Kalahari (wes).

After 75 km of crappies gravel I turned into the N8, direction Groblershoop. Dis pragtig groen en mens kan nie anders as om te stop om fotos te neem en te bragg met die pragtige omgewing nie.

My bommetjie just love to collect dust. Even on a trailer

After 45km of tar and not a single pothole ry mens deur 'n poortjie en aan die ander kant is Waterford. Daars geen hoo haha moerse borde ens nie. Slegs 'n Klein handgeverfde bordie op 'n plaashek. Dis al. As jy nie weet waar nie gaan jy dit nie kry nie.

Hierdie paadjie lei na een van die lekkerste sand speelparkies in SA. Hy verklap niks

Waterford is very popular. Its very relaxed there and okes love to bring their whole family and camp for a day or two. Camping trailers, offroad caravans, kiddies quads, grootmens quads, side by sides, pypkarre, 4x4's with 35" tyres, V8's with 7L, yes everything goes. Just bring and enjoy. There is no power and a very basic campsite. But there is sand, yes glorious sand, S&M sand, fokken sand, no matter what you call it, sand is sand.

This pic is of the main opwarm, offshow area.

Just image hoe lekker 'n vuur met dop en tjop hier sal wees. Its big sky country and city slickers are always amazed by the stars

When one pay entrance, you ride teh dunes, trail as many times as you want. You can even ride it at night if you camp. I decide to do the trail first. Some pics. Ek het so lekker gery ekt vergeet om meer foties te neem. Sorry. But you get the message. Its sand everywhere.

Hier is die top dog, langduin. Bitter min voertuie kom hier uit. Hier probeer 'n FJ Cruiser sy luck. No cigar.

Bo-op die groot sandduin (speel, opwarm area) met die kampsite doer onder

After doing the trail twice and downing a few beers to get my breath back I packed up and went home. Vrek moeg gewees. Dit was regtig 'n heerlike dag. Eks skoon styf.

I took some gopro video's Will post it when I figure out how to snip snip a 1gb video to a few Mb

My name is Ama and I n@@i sand with a Bomb.  :snorting: