Yet Another Unpleasant Surprise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bull Grackle

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Need some sage advice from the tech guys/gals. Tried to start my 2007 GS this AM. Cranks like a charm but no start. Last ridden ten days ago, no problems. One hundred km's on a full tank of gas. Fuel pump sounds off when key turned, Fuel system recall done. Strong spark. Side stand switch wired around. Dry spark plug. No spray or smell of petrol from plug hole. Any ideas out there?

Editorial note (or whinge): I have had more breakdowns with this bike than my two previous BMW's put together and multiplied by ten (K100RS & R1100 RS - both 120 000 km's plus). Of course no Japanese bike I ever owned gave me a lick of trouble. Unfortunately the GS fits my riding style exactly. I try to spend as much time in the Karoo as possible therefore a potential crap out somewhere between nowhere and the dark side of the moon could be a life-altering experience. Since I can't find riding partners that want to venture much beyond the padstals in Barrydale I'm kinda rolling the dice every time I go out. OK, I've got that off my chest. Time to move on.