Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: G310GS recall  (Read 3773 times)

Online 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
Re: G310GS recall
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2019, 08:19:10 am »
A broken frame has never brought anyone any joy, I am sure.

Rather encourage young riders, and those with black credit cards, to buy quality Japanese stuff, and stretch their rands thus.
I was just messing with you Dan.  I knew you would care...   ;)

;) :thumleft:

Online TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2019, 02:59:55 pm »
Why complain about a bike that you have no intention of ever riding or owning.  :bueller:

Because they dominate a major sector in our industry and if let to continuously brainwash riders, will get more of the market.

And finally have a big say in what bikes we get in SA...cheaply made, overweight monstrosities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 310 does not dominate here, I have never seen one on the road as yet, "continuously brainwash riders"  so that's their all manufacterers' master plans Surely you  don't really think the BMW designers are sitting in there offices taking any note of what the opinions of a few Wild Dogs here in SA have to say.

So the little beemer has problems the Ballie was right, they will sort the newer ones out, not that it bothers me as I have no intention of buying one. The bigger ones' which, by the way have been the top selling brand in SA for the past few years, are overweight monstrosities, don't buy/ride one.

You have never seen a GS310 on the road, because I personally warned people against the rubbish. :peepwall: :pot:

I see them regularly.  You will have to practice and improve  your reach, or move to Gauteng.   :snorting:

Why complain about a bike that you have no intention of ever riding or owning.  :bueller:

Because they dominate a major sector in our industry and if let to continuously brainwash riders, will get more of the market.

And finally have a big say in what bikes we get in SA...cheaply made, overweight monstrosities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You over-estimate BMW as a company and under-estimate the intelligence of the buying public.  You also clearly do not understand market forces and world markets.  A manufacturer does not make something and then see if there is a market.  They first see the market and then make a product to meet that market.  There are obviously exceptions, but the small BMW's, KTM's, etc. are not among them.  There is a huge market for small capacity bikes and companies are making bikes to play in that market.  It is not cheating.  It is not marketing.  It is not brainwashing.  It is not personal. It is just business.

The Honda 250 Twister was possibly one of the best selling bikes of that size, bullet proof and did service as delivery bikes all over the world, including in SA.  They were made in Brazil.  No one ever complained.  No one gave a hoot.  For 99,99% of the world market, the small Beemers or KTM's or Yamahas for that matter, is exactly the same.  Only a teensy minority of BMW nonfanboys waffle on about this.

The Twisters were built inBrazil, IN A HONDA FACTORY. The plant in Manuas has been operating since the 70's

As opposed to BMW having a pukka Indian bike-builder build the GS310 for them, convincing the world that they are closely watching that standards are top notch :imaposer: :imaposer:

You also missed MiniDan's point, which was that a manufacturer with BMW's clout in the market can brainwash buyers, as happened in the case of the GS310.  People fought tooth and nail for the

GS310, even before it was launched. :biggrin:

The "it comes from BMW so it must be good" mentality.

In fact, Honda is building a huge new plant in Itirapina in Brazil. It is this type of involvement that can give you bullet-proof delivery bikes to last years.

Not asking Ramsamy in Mumbai to knock up a thing for you. :xxbah:

We have been around this debate many times. Ownership of the plant is unimportant.  Staffing, management, etc. is what is important.   Toyota SA or Suzuki SA are not Japanese companies.

I did not miss Minidan's point.  His point is a pile of crap and I though I did say that, albeit in a much gentler fashion.  If you and he is easily brainwashed, it doesn't mean the rest of the world's population is. 

You have a lot to say about the so-called BMW fanboys who protected the 310 before launch.  How is this, in any way different to you and others who tore it apart before it was launched?  It really isn't.  Both sides overly passionate to a point of emotional distress to a level where clear thinking becomes rather difficult.

The difference, TheBear, is that I tore it apart knowing where it is going to be built.......and I think I am proved right in the messy aftermath of exchanging frames, etc?

So, in short, what is your point??

In short, my point is that it, so far required 2 recalls.  Much less than many of the Made in Germany models.  Therefore, the fact that its made in India doesn't really .... ag wat, los maar ....

In short, my point is that you tear all BMW's apart, including those made in Germ .... ag wat, los maar ...

Mens kan nie sÍ:  "Alle BMW wat nog ooit gebou is en gebou gaan word is totalle gemors" en dan sÍ: "daai BMW Is gemors want dis in India gebou nie".  Wel, jy kan, maar dan trek jou credibility dalk bietjie swaar.   :lol8:   
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 03:05:51 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Online 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2019, 07:31:54 pm »
TheBear, volg jou eie advies; "ag los maar"

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2019, 07:14:56 am »
Dalk jy ook Danie.

Online 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2019, 07:18:21 am »
Dalk jy ook Danie.

I do believe that the GS310 has done all my work for me. ;)

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2019, 08:11:49 am »
Dalk jy ook Danie.

;)

Offline Herklaas

• Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • Do it, you only live twice.
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2019, 08:38:36 am »
Dalk jy ook Danie.

:sip: I have seen a few, about three of these 301's, stasionary, at shopping centres, had a walkaround, and all I can say is it really looks cheap, like the MotoMias.
They seemed to be a few months old and the mirrors, handle bars and can had some rust that tells you it lives somewhere on the West Coast.
At the time I did not know where they were made.
 ;)
Yamaha 50, Yamaha 400, 2 x Yamaha DR 350 LC, Honda CBX 550 F2, Honda TransAlp 650, Triumph Tiger 800 Xc,
Now 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 Xcx.and.. my favorite... 1996 Yamaha Tenere 660 5 valve single.

Offline Herklaas

• Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • Do it, you only live twice.
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2019, 08:40:30 am »
 :sip: Sorry, that last comment is from me, not Dan.  :bueller: :lamer:
Yamaha 50, Yamaha 400, 2 x Yamaha DR 350 LC, Honda CBX 550 F2, Honda TransAlp 650, Triumph Tiger 800 Xc,
Now 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 Xcx.and.. my favorite... 1996 Yamaha Tenere 660 5 valve single.