Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Beetle motor to Nissan 1400 retro fit parts. Price drop R10000  (Read 389 times)

Offline Robo-kop

Beetle motor to Nissan 1400 retro fit parts. Price drop R10000
« on: September 27, 2018, 10:48:25 am »
Hi All

Thought I would post it here as this is where the spanner swingers hangout mostly I would guess. So in all my wisdom I fitted this whole story to a beetle and afterwards decided to rather go original again. The motor has been completely done over and runs like a dream. It has a new carbie and fuel pump. It has the adapter plate and complete clutch. You even got a cool wrapped divorce pipe. I even made the water pump pulley smaller so it runs faster. I also moved the alternator so its not so in the way. I made up pipes that bolt onto the bottom of the car to the front where the radiator sits where the spare wheel would normally be. The radiator has a fan that I sourced that runs fairly quiet. The cooling system has an expansion bottle so it bleeds itself easily, no need to put its bum in the air. It was a moer of a lot of work but the body work came out so lekker and my daughter is biting me shit so out it comes and in with the original. Oh ja, I even went as far as fitting a 1300 gearbox to make it go better. I want 11500 for the whole story so you just plug and play, well sort off. :lol: I am in Port Elizabeth. Clinton. 0834441045. Give me a shout.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 04:33:28 pm by Robo-kop »
Ride it, like you stole it !!!

Offline Old Bugger

• Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Silence is better than BULLSH*T
    • View Profile
Re: Beetle motor to Nissan 1400 retro fit parts.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 11:22:57 am »
Nicely done   :thumleft:
GLWTS!

Offline Jag man

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 01:37:18 pm »
Would that be a straight fit into a t2 bus,that is the engine and radiator under the chasis.Is the motor stronger that the 1600 aircooled

Offline Robo-kop

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 01:45:47 pm »
Would that be a straight fit into a t2 bus,that is the engine and radiator under the chasis.Is the motor stronger that the 1600 aircooled
I am not sure if it would fit. If you are interested I can take some dimensions and you can check. The motor has more power than the 1600 but you would need to put it in with a 1300 box to get the ratios correct.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 01:47:11 pm by Robo-kop »

The following users thanked this post: AfricaOffroad

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 02:50:44 pm »
I ran the 120y motor in my t2 for over 100 000km, short on power but lasted well and very light on fuel.
I fitted my radiator in the place of the engine lid at the back, used jetta radiator with the electric fan.( it very seldom came on)
I kept the origional fan as it fitted next to the electric one.
I ran the 1600 box, but the 1300 will give you a better ratio.
I just sealed my air intake well and fitted a donaldson filter as you get all the dust sucked in and over the motor.
No bleeding and no heating issues, it ran till the chassis cracked and the engine was just worn out.
Dakar 650
KLR650

Offline Jag man

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 03:58:40 pm »
I ran the 120y motor in my t2 for over 100 000km, short on power but lasted well and very light on fuel.
I fitted my radiator in the place of the engine lid at the back, used jetta radiator with the electric fan.( it very seldom came on)
I just sealed my air intake well and fitted a donaldson filter as you get all the dust sucked in and over the motor.
No bleeding and no heating issues, it ran till the chassis cracked and the engine was just worn out.

Do you have any pictures to share

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 04:02:30 pm »

Do you have any pictures to share
Unfortunately not, wish I had of all the crazy things I have done and built through the years.
Dakar 650
KLR650

The following users thanked this post: Jag man

Offline Robo-kop

Re: Beetle motor to Nissan 1400 retro fit parts. Price drop R10000
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 04:34:31 pm »
BUMP