Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 2018/2019 explorer doed any one have one?  (Read 285 times)

Offline LionBuell

2018/2019 explorer doed any one have one?
« on: January 03, 2019, 10:10:59 am »
Has anyone tested or bought one of the new models? I'm curious to get an opinion.
I have an itching.... My 2017 XcA is on 42k km now.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline GIDEON

• Born in the year of the Tiger
  • Bike: Triumph 800 XC
  • Bikes est dans mon sang
Re: 2018/2019 explorer doed any one have one?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 09:41:35 am »
Didn't but out of the reviews the changes on the 2018's 800 and 1200 is a lot of changes

Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it.

Offline LionBuell

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 07:44:43 am »
I got this off the Adventure Rider forum, he went from a 2015 to a new one.....

Well I finally picked up my new Tiger 1200 that replaces my 15 plate TEX xc which was a good bike, so here are a few initial observations from the ride home given that there ainít much on here in respect of the new model. I went for the xcx but added the heated seats, fog lights and up/down quick-shifter.

In summary, this is undoubtedly a more refined and much better handling bike with sharper brakes and irrespective of the debates and opinions about weight it definitely 'feels' lighter both on the move and at standstill/pushing it around. So whatever Triumph have done, its worked. Its still a big heavy bike but feels more manageable. This bike has also lost that slight agricultural feeling of my previous 15 plate model and is far more nimble and then planted in corners. The new dash is just ace and is so intuitive and easy to use. Brilliant. I also think the back-lit switchgear is a really nice touch and the quick-shifter works flawlessly and even better than the one on my zx10 track bike.

The following users thanked this post: GIDEON

Offline LionBuell

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 07:46:06 am »
Part 2.

I'm really unconvinced by the keyless ignition or electronic steering lock which seem to be solutions to problems that simply don't exist and is likely to cause confusion and potentially problems rather than be helpful, especially as you need the key for everything else! I think triumph could have been braver rather than follow the crowd and just not bothered; I would have rather had the hill-hold or adaptive headlights as std on the xcx. The other oddity is that with the addition of the fog (adventure lights) you cant have the LED's on!? If the dealer had told me that I probably wouldn't have bothered. Apparently too much glare when used together. So sort of defeats the use of either when on the bike together, if you get my drift!? The other slight niggle is the slightly grabby clutch when pulling away from lights but Iím hoping that goes away as it beds in. The heated grips seem a bit luke warm but, again, I need to ride it more.

Has it blown me away..not really, BUT its definitely a better motorcycle and with the extra features and technology I think I'll grow to really like this bike, especially as I get used to it and tweak it to suit. Good effort Triumph, I'm glad I bought it already

The following users thanked this post: GIDEON

Offline adv

• <INSERT CUSTOM TITLE HERE>
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
  • Wheelie Everything.
    • Clutch Up
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 08:49:25 am »
What's the sticker price? 180k?

Offline DouglasN

• Vendors
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 04:10:18 pm »

Around R250k for the new 2019 XCA,  can get an 18 for about R210

Quote from: adv on Today at 08:49:25
What's the sticker price? 180k?
>

-----------------------
Douglas Norval
HAVAL/GWM Fourways