Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The UAE...  (Read 11249 times)

Offline Sprocketbek

Re: The UAE...
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2019, 10:34:41 pm »
Does UAE use nuclear reactors for power?

They are using coal and gas. A nuclear power plant is being built now and nearing completion as far as I know.

:patch:

:snorting:
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots." - Umberto Eco, 2012

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2019, 06:56:28 am »

They are using coal and gas. A nuclear power plant is being built now and nearing completion as far as I know.

:patch:

:snorting:
Do you have more info?

Sent from my SM-J510F using Tapatalk

Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Sprocketbek

« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2019, 12:27:44 pm »

Do you have more info?

Your statement is correct.
Unfortunately it is not something that can be discussed much on an open forum  ::)
I've been working in the UAE for about 20 months now.
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots." - Umberto Eco, 2012

The following users thanked this post: Skaiidawg

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2019, 08:14:31 am »
Food delivery any one? There are plenty of delivery guys on bikes delivering whatever. One such company is Deliveroo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deliveroo

Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2019, 08:19:30 am »
I suppose its difficult to translate from one language to another

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2019, 08:46:47 am »
The usual speed limit on the roads here in the UAE are basically the same as in SA, ranging from 40 to 120, with a buffer of 20km/h before the speed cameras are activated. The buffer rule is not applicable in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi where the indicated speed is the maximum and speed cameras are activated 1 km/h over that limit.

However between Al Ain and Abu Dhabi this is the maximum speed limit.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2019, 02:02:38 pm »
Good heavens why do the choose this type of decor? I dont want to walk here after a night out.....

Offline Dorsland

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2019, 02:08:05 pm »
Hier gaan ek nog lekker lees :)
"Die held is versigtig vr die gevaar en dapper daarin; die lafaard is dapper vr die gevaar en versigtig daarin."

CJ Langenhoven

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2019, 12:19:48 pm »
Saw this classic car parked at the Dubai Mall.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 03:57:54 pm by Skaiidawg »

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2019, 12:48:02 pm »
I took this picture in the Ibn Battuta Mall. Which do you like better?

« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 04:02:13 pm by Skaiidawg »

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2019, 03:42:11 pm »
Can't see the pics  :(
Ja/Nee

Offline windswept

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2019, 03:54:32 pm »

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2019, 04:02:38 pm »

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2019, 04:32:17 pm »
Yep - working now - thanks :thumleft:

Love that Fiat 500 - original.

The black and white looks nice but then the colour one does as well - can't choose between the two  :imaposer:

Thanks for posting  :thumleft:
Ja/Nee

Offline windswept

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2019, 04:43:57 pm »
 :thumleft:

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2019, 10:52:04 pm »
As mentioned before we are constructing reverse osmosis desalination plants. Water are fed into the plant via 3 humongous pipes (2m diametre) which stretches 2km into the sea.
We are using HDPE pipes as it is cheaper than GRP pipes. The HDPE pipes need to be welded together, the welding process is in simple terms heating the ends of the plastic pipes to a certain temperature and then pushing the ends of the pipes together fusing them to each other. We weld lines of 300m, add concrete collars, that will act as ballasts, pulling the lines into the sea and then sinking them at the correct place.
Each weld takes about 3 hours to complete, so we are going to weld pipes for the next 4 months......

HDPE pipes

Welding machine

Welding machine and rollers for the welded pipes

Schematic of the sinking of the pipes

« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 11:02:42 pm by Skaiidawg »

Offline husky

• Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2019, 02:13:42 pm »
I know you are doing it but check every aspect of the HDPE composition, third party testing and welding inspection, cleaning and certification. I have a ticklish little problem at the moment with HDPE.

Very interesting project.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2019, 10:48:20 am »
I know you are doing it but check every aspect of the HDPE composition, third party testing and welding inspection, cleaning and certification. I have a ticklish little problem at the moment with HDPE.

Very interesting project.

Thanks for mentioning it and as you have said we have everything in place.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2019, 02:54:46 pm »
OK I am on the East coast of KSA at the moment and had to go to our office in Riyad, roughly 450kms away. So here is a couple of pictures of the trip.

Black or dark brown camels are apparently more expensive than the light coloured ones.  :dontknow:

Hopefully the competitors in the coming Dakar dont have to cope with all these difficult town names..

or not being caught-up in one of these.....

or have to wait for this

or going to fast...

the trucks have to take notice

Took me a couple of seconds to work this one out

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2019, 02:59:43 pm »
In the middle of no-where and abandoned

Jodha.......

Country side

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 03:01:11 pm by Skaiidawg »