Excellent service from Motobatt SA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunnes

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
I just want to say what excellent service I got from Coolheat (distributors of Motobatt batteries). Especially Ray, Sean and Danie (I think it was Danie).

I bought a sealed battery on Dec 1st 2017 and on a bike trip along the Natal/Free State escarp, the battery just went kaput. Dashboard lit up and even after Gerhard jump started me, the bike died within 20m. Got a battery from Harrismith and finished the trip.

Early January I call Offroad Cycles as I bought the battery there. I was told that I am 1 month out of warranty and they never help out if its out of warranty. Eish.
Next day I call Coolheat in Edenvale. Sommer the big boss on his cellphone. He tells me to speak to Earl and to drop the battery off at the nearest shop and they will have a look at it. Great!
After the call, I called back and said "But what about the warranty period?" Earl just says: "Its just a month." Excellent!

So I thought they will check the battery and let me know... Two days later, I get a call from Danie saying my new Motobatt battery is at Randburg Motorcycles. I can go pick it up. Wow!

How is that for service!

Thank you so much. I appreciate it!