Some People

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icepick

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT600
The other day I was stopped at a robot in Welgemoed CTN, planning to go straight. A guy on a bike comes from the left to turn in the same direction as I'm moving. He slips on diesel and falls quite hard. I have to wait for green to go across the intersection to help him.

Two people in big SUV's who are also turning where he is on the floor do not hop out to check if he is OK, they just wait for this poor guy to pick up his 250cc without even attempting to help him so that they can turn. He manages to pick up his bike and move out the way.

They leave him on the side of the road and carry on their merry way. The robot turn green and I manage to stop about 50m up the road. Needless to say he was very shaken up. If he was badly injured I swear they would have waited till someone else stopped to help.

I don't know if it was because it was a motor bike or because he was black or both, but I was properly "the moer in"  and disappointed.

My takeaway from this that a lot of people are just d@@ses. It seems to me that true democracy is still going to take some time.