CCM 404DS - Super motard / build / fix up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swazi Phil

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hi Guys.

So a friend of mine moved to Australia and managed to fly out just before lockdown.

He has had this bike about for about 3 years, that we was planning to sell before he left but didn't have time as he left a month earlier than planned.
So he asked me to fix it up and sell it, I know would be a pain to send the bucks to him once I sell it, so I made him an offer and now its mine, I will fix it up then sell it, it has papers and is in my name and is up to date.

It is a bit of a Frankenstein, made By a company called CCM in the UK. It has a Suzuki DRZ400 Engine, KTM frame, WP suspension, brembo Brakes, supermoto rims, (some came with dirt rims), rear mudguard and side number boards off a YZ125/250, Acerbis tank, Honda CRF450 tank shrouds, Universal front mudguard, and I believe the headlight is off a early Husqvarna, so as you can tell its a mixed bag of tricks.

Previous owner had taken it apart to replace the plastics and clean it up, he used it commute and said he loved it, he had a close friend with a DRZ400SM and that made him want one but found this and according to him it felt more powerful, and suspension and brakes were much better so he bought it. Engine was working perfectly apparently.

When I collected it from him, it was still apart so I had the task of putting it back together which is always a bit challenging if you didn't take it apart, I was also worried some parts could be missing, but he was well organised and everything was in a crate and how hard could it be...

He took it apart about a year before I bought it and never got time to finish it as he had a baby ect ect.

Below picture is what it was like when he bought it, and was taken at his work.

This is what it was like when I collected it.

Should be an interesting project.