Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Penalties on late licensing  (Read 761 times)

Offline Kampies

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Triumph 955 Tiger
  • Triple jou lekker ding
Penalties on late licensing
« on: April 17, 2020, 05:21:55 pm »
Dogs,

Im looking at a buying a KTM and the license expired in August 2018. What penalties will be associated with this?

Also, if the current owner never placed the bike on his name after he purchased it in 2018, what admin will it be to get it on my name? Was bought from a dealer.

I have a copy of the license disk, but all post offices are closed. Can a dealer trace this via a online platform?

Advice?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline 73 Peanut

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: Penalties on late licensing
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 05:46:38 pm »
So who is going to pay for all the outstanding fines if it doesn't belong to the person who is selling the bike . Its not on his name so its not his problem . I would never buy a vechile unless its registered to the person selling it or at a dealer . You don't know whom owns the bike .

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 05:55:15 pm »
Just look for another bike

Offline Kampies

• Pack Dog
  • Triple jou lekker ding
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 06:01:15 pm »
So who is going to pay for all the outstanding fines if it doesn't belong to the person who is selling the bike . Its not on his name so its not his problem . I would never buy a vechile unless its registered to the person selling it or at a dealer . You don't know whom owns the bike .
The current owner said he will sort it out, but is working out of town and is not getting to it.
If i can get a clear idea of what need to be done i can include this admin in my offer.  He can  get rid of the bike as he is not using it and i can get it for cheaper.

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 06:04:32 pm »
An aspiring Coddiwompler
I want to grow my own food, looking for Bacon seeds

The following users thanked this post: Grumpleton

Offline Hanno @ Mad Macs

• aka Hando
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • http://dsadventure.wordpress.com/
    • Dual Sport Adventure
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 06:14:05 pm »
Just look for another bike

agreed - either he sorts is all out and gets in his name with all fines and licenses paid up to date or walk away .

No matter how good a deal it is.

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 06:16:17 pm »
Daai late licencing gaan n paar rand wees man, niks om oor te stress nie.

Just buy it! I would say, knock him down R3500 for licence fee story and you are good to go.

I bought a bike that was last paid licence fees in 2015, and Im not stressed about it  :thumleft:

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 06:21:27 pm »

Just buy it! I would say, knock him down R3500 for licence fee story and you are good to go.

I bought a bike that was last paid licence fees in 2015, and Im not stressed about it  :thumleft:

More concerned that its not in his name?
An aspiring Coddiwompler

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 06:25:34 pm »

This bike I bought is also not in his name. Actually 2 I bought same story.

The guys pay them cash, they take papers from owners, and never register in their name. Then few mnths later sells them on.
You then transfer from the 1st owner into your name, skipping the 2nd guy who bought it.
As long as you get the ORIGINAL Natis doc with the bike, the rest is a piss in the park  8)

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2020, 06:28:07 pm »
If the 1st guy handed in the form, and it went in auto mode to 2nd Owner, then the 2nd Owner must register in his name, then in your name.

If there is a Natis doc, anything can be done  :biggrin:

If there is a story with Natis doc being at the first owner still and bla bla bla, then walk away.

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2020, 06:28:42 pm »

This bike I bought is also not in his name. Actually 2 I bought same story.

The guys pay them cash, they take papers from owners, and never register in their name. Then few mnths later sells them on.
You then transfer from the 1st owner into your name, skipping the 2nd guy who bought it.
As long as you get the ORIGINAL Natis doc with the bike, the rest is a piss in the park  8)

Agreed, but that document wasn't mentioned.  :thumleft:
An aspiring Coddiwompler

Offline Kampies

• Pack Dog
  • Triple jou lekker ding
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2020, 07:49:38 pm »
If the 1st guy handed in the form, and it went in auto mode to 2nd Owner, then the 2nd Owner must register in his name, then in your name.

If there is a Natis doc, anything can be done 

If there is a story with Natis doc being at the first owner still and bla bla bla, then walk away.
Ek verstaan die Natis dokumente is wel beskikbaar.

Manic, the bike in question is a Ktm 690 Enduro, 2009. Asking price is R45k. Im thanking R40k and I sort the paperwork myself.

Offline SwartBlackie

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2020, 09:54:13 pm »
Evening all. I may be wrong but late fees are normally between R50 - R75 a month after your 21 day expiry .

Make sure the Natis doc is the only or latest issue. We have a problem with just such a bike currently.  Friend bought a lekke BMW from  guy 2. Guy 2 never registered bike on his name after buying from guy 1. Docs we got from guy 2 on the bike is not the latest print from licensing department so we now need to get hold of guy 1 to go stand in a queue for a new print or give us the latest print he did. Guy 1 is not interested in helping and neither is guy 2. So, you can do roadworthy but nothing else. This can also not be helped along by a "friend" because its a system requirement before the bike can be registered. 

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 09:55:17 pm by SwartBlackie »

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2020, 10:59:19 pm »

Manic, the bike in question is a Ktm 690 Enduro, 2009. Asking price is R45k. Im thanking R40k and I sort the paperwork myself.

That's all cool,  please just promise us if it goes wrong, you would not tell us.  Not a single post.  We will take the hint when you post in the for sale section that you are selling a 690 for parts.

Offline Kampies

• Pack Dog
  • Triple jou lekker ding
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2020, 01:45:55 pm »

That's all cool,  please just promise us if it goes wrong, you would not tell us.  Not a single post.  We will take the hint when you post in the for sale section that you are selling a 690 for parts.
I will definitely post something if it doesn't work out for lessons learned!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Amsterdam

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2020, 02:12:18 pm »
Just be aware of one thing.  The current owner (Mr B) may not have put it in his name but the owner before him (Mr A) may have informed the licensing authorities that he sold it to Mr B.  So when you try to register it as if you bought it directly from Mr A you will run into difficulties and potentially a heap of trouble.  The least Mr B needs to do is to give you a current extract from the local authorities that show who they have listed as the owner.
KTM 500 XCW, Husqvarna 701, KTM 890 Rally

Offline chicco

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Never give up.
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2020, 02:19:33 pm »
Just be aware of one thing.  The current owner (Mr B) may not have put it in his name but the owner before him (Mr A) may have informed the licensing authorities that he sold it to Mr B.  So when you try to register it as if you bought it directly from Mr A you will run into difficulties and potentially a heap of trouble.  The least Mr B needs to do is to give you a current extract from the local authorities that show who they have listed as the owner.

Jip happened to me with a trailer, first had to get in registered in Mr B name and then in mine, could be done as one transaction if you have all the paperwork signed by A and B, they just want to make more money.
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 950S, KTM 990, KTM 990S, KTM 990R

Offline Kampies

• Pack Dog
  • Triple jou lekker ding
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2020, 02:30:13 pm »
Good to know, thanks

Offline Hanno @ Mad Macs

• aka Hando
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • http://dsadventure.wordpress.com/
    • Dual Sport Adventure
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2020, 02:31:44 pm »

Jip - Also had an issue like that .

In Fact in our case . A sold to B and handed in the Yellow form stating that the Bike is now the property of B.

B sold to C who sold to D who sold to us. Everytime the original Natis doc went from A to B to C to D to us.
Trying to sort that Shit out and getting  mr B (who is now overseas) to fix the fuckup was a nightmare.

So - in my experience. Bike not in the sellers name and up to date. Walk away.

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2020, 02:06:21 am »
Pissys  :imaposer: