Wesbank are incompetent - eNatis Papers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremlin

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Just a heads up to bike (and vehicle) owners of just how incompetent Wesbank is, and to take the necessary steps now, to retrieve eNatis papers on financed vehicles. I financed my bike when I bought it from Yamaha many years ago through Wesbank and paid it off more than 5 years ago!!. Frankly I have always traded in my cars and seldom sold a vehicle privately so it never crossed my mind to retrieve the eNatis and have the "Title Holder" changed into my name from Wesbank.

So when I needed the papers to sell the bike, I contacted Wesbank and they offered, by email, to do the transfer given COVID and charged me a fee for the pleasure of doing this, with the process supposed to take 10 - 14 days. So paid the fee, confirmed all the details telephonically (which they had on record anyway), and sat back and waited. And waited. 3 weeks later I contacted them again demanding the paperwork........and they replied using the same email thread, advising that if I provided contact details they would send me proxy letters so I could change the title myself. Needless to say I went ballistic, and what followed was a comedy of incompetence. (Note: by this time a firm offer to purchase my bike had fallen through due to the delay in getting paperwork)

They were unable to read down in the email they sent, that the service to change title was offered and accepted. They were unable to track my payment even though I used the ref no. they provided and proof of payment sent to them from FNB (of which Wesbank is part). They could not find my contact details even though they were on my account and provided by email. I had in the interim another buyer who is no doubt losing patience..........

Make no mistake it F@#$ me off that I have to pay to have title changed for my own fully paid bike, but to see such incompetence and lack of respect for their clients is unbelievable. So my advice to vehicle owners, if you have paid up you finance, get Wesbank (or any other bank) to process your eNatis changes now, and dont wait until ýou are selling!

Don't get me started on CoCT online license renewals..........