Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: First ride after lockdown!!  (Read 1013 times)

Offline KaTooMatt

Re: First ride after lockdown!!
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2020, 09:14:47 pm »
I have to do some work in East London. Anybody have an interesting route from Fourways.
is there a way to take in Rhodes without going to far out my way? I thought hugging close around Lesotho might answer.
"These are not machines for the meek. Ride it like you stole it, cane it within an inch of its life. It will require a bunch of maintenance and generally tend to be, shall we say, harsh? It was bred for racing, after all. It will devour rear tires and its lust for fuel will astound you. It will suffer indifference and carelessness very poorly. Like heroin and Asian girls, it's not for everybody, but when you absolutely, positively, GOTS to beat every m*****f****** in the race, accept no substitu

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2020, 07:52:32 am »
I have to do some work in East London. Anybody have an interesting route from Fourways.
is there a way to take in Rhodes without going to far out my way? I thought hugging close around Lesotho might answer.

I did this route back from EL a few years back, only had a day and a half to get back, so skipped the gravel and stayed on the tar mainly, but it was all new routes for me, so I didnt feel cheated...

EL north on the N2 past Kei River, North on the R409, North on the N61 to Ngcobo, North on the R58 at Ngcobo to Elliot, then R58 to Barkley East and on to Lafy Grey, then R58 and R393 to Sterkspruit, and R726 to Zastron, then followed the R26 around, Wepener, Hobhouse, Ladybrand, Clocolan and stayed in Ficksburg.
Next day was a blast up the R26 to Bethlehem where i hooked up with another GSA and we hit the R26 to Reitz, Frankfort - this section was dead quiet and had just been tarred, we were cruising waaaay north of the national speed limit it was incredible, never saw another car for 100km... R26 to Villiers, N3 back to Jhb....

Was a lekker little ride!
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

The following users thanked this post: KaTooMatt, blackbird

Offline MildlyWild

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2020, 04:31:52 pm »
1st gravel trip will be
Day1: CT - Bainskloof Pass (Wellington) - Ceres - Koedoesberg Pas - Ouberg Pas (NC) - Sutherland - cousins's farm
Day 2: Karelskraal Pas - Merweville - gravel rds with 5 passes to Matjiesfontein - mostly gravel to Ceres - home
 :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:
And I am NOT waiting much longer
As a man thinketh, so he becomes...

Offline billy-joe

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2020, 05:46:51 pm »
1st gravel trip will be
Day1: CT - Bainskloof Pass (Wellington) - Ceres - Koedoesberg Pas - Ouberg Pas (NC) - Sutherland - cousins's farm
Day 2: Karelskraal Pas - Merweville - gravel rds with 5 passes to Matjiesfontein - mostly gravel to Ceres - home

Hijack on - did i see you riding the X-Ch in between Strand and GB today?

Hijack off
-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Offline MildlyWild

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2020, 11:26:50 am »
1st gravel trip will be

Hijack on - did i see you riding the X-Ch in between Strand and GB today?

Hijack off

One and only  :biggrin:
Decided to go and check that none of the plumbing we did as part of a renovation in Pringle Bay is leaking. It was a terrible trip  ;)
Might have to go check again next week...
As a man thinketh, so he becomes...