Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: KTM 1050 Question about riding modes.  (Read 200 times)

Offline Dish

KTM 1050 Question about riding modes.
« on: January 04, 2021, 09:37:25 am »
Morning gents, a very happy new year to you all.

I have a quick question which hopefully the KTM lads will be able to answer for me. My 1050 has three modes that I can scroll through depending on the conditions, namely Sport, street and rain. However on start up yesterday  for the first time I noticed that the mode "off road" is also shown on the dashboard, although very briefly on start up. This got me thinking. I've read many reports about certain "functionality" on the differing models being there, just not being activated.. Quick shifter on the 1290, Ktm myride etc.

My question is do you think I could take my KTM to KTM and ask them to "activate" my offroad mode?? Obviously it will come at a $$$ price... but would it be possible do you think?? Im sure all off those modes are no more than a software mapping....

what say the experts...

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: KTM 1050 Question about riding modes.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 11:06:59 am »
this is weird, did not know some of them came out without the offroad functionality.
Subscribed for what you manage with ktm!

In you case there wont be a cut in power, so its only less throttle response (line in rain mode) with offroad traction control which allows rear to spin twice as fast as front wheel (iow not good enough for sand, but very good for normal gravel riding)
offroad ABS will disable abs on rear but keep it on the front wheel, do you have that?
if you really want some kind of offroad mode, best my 1190 ever was was with broken speed sensor, so cut the wire and put a switch in. You will have permanent MTC off but ride in street mode throttle response, full power.
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline DavidMorrisXp

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 11:14:10 am »
Reading this I think it may be an option but probably R6k here

https://www.ktmforum.co.uk/threads/ktm-1050-adventure-offroad-drive-mode.1137122/
Check out my YouTube channel, please like & subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/c/DavidMorrisMedia

Offline Edgar

• Local Mods
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1050 Adventure
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 11:18:04 am »
Like you stated, my 1050 also has the 3 standard riding modes, but I suspect that the offroad mode was just disabled. I think you can buy a offroad dongle for the bike, but in my opinion not worth the money. Hell, since I bought my bike it has stayed in "Street" mode ever since   :peepwall:

The following users thanked this post: ETS