Bad Riding Habits - Whats happening?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hey Guys, what is happening out there? Not sure if it is my imagination but there appears to be a sh*tload of New DS Bikes & new Riders in the greater Cape Town Region and everyday that I spend on the road I cannot but notice the increase in the extent of really stupid reckless Riding. I am in the Tourism Industry and earlier on this week, at Cape Point, I heard a number of Coach Drivers having a bitch about the really stupid way in which certain motorcyclist are riding lately. Their main concern is that because the coaches are a lot slower in dense traffic, the bike riders tend to overtake them on the left hand side. They reckon this is pretty much a "blind" side to their coaches because of the speed of the bikes. One of the Drivers told us the story of a Rider that cut in front of him on the left side, shot into the fast lane, only to be hit by another Rider splitting lanes. Luckily he managed to stop the Coach otherwise both those Riders would have ended up under his wheels. As he says, after that happens there are usually no survivors!!!1
This morning, in the Rhodes Drive traffic, saw a moegoe on a very new Dakar 650, with his laptop on the back driving like hell in between cars in the dense traffic. He cut into the left lane at UCT then slice back into the right lane, back left into the UCT lane, almost lost it, then carried on weaving his Bike from side to side, disappearing into the distance. What a tosser, he almost caused a series of prangs. To that D**S, You know who you are and if you on this Forum you better catch a wake up call 'cos its okes like you who make k*k for other riders by p*ssing off okes in cars and you gonna cause a lot of heartache when you end up on your ass. Sorry Guys about the "rant & rave" but I am very concerned about the reckless riding. Am I alone in being concerned or am I overreacting? I hope not!!!!!!