BUG SPLATTER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Riding bikes and getting bug splatter over everything is part and parcel of the enjoyment of riding bikes . But after many years of cleaning off the splatter on my visor and then using hot water to clean my bike , I have a question .
But first ,I ride a 1190 , for touring I have a set of panniers , these are obviously a humongous flat surface to attract lots of splatter , yes I clean it off everyday after the days ride , but is there a product that one can spray on the plastic sides of the cases to maybe prevent the bugs from sticking after splatting themselves against the pannier wall ?  :eek7: 
I have used Mr MIN , type polish but not that successful.
I am a bit OCD and like a clean bike , I will once settled after the days ride , find a bucket , fill it with hot water , always have some micro fibre cloth and clean the bike . wipe the panniers . ready for the next day . But if there is a option to assist in the bugs not  being burnt into hard rocks on the sides of the panniers , it will be welcome  to just wipe off .
Same goes for the visor and screen .
I am just looking for easy options ,I like cleaning my bike , it also gives me a chance to do a once over check , running hands over everything , I have the chance to make sure nothing has come loose , and oil level is checked all the time ,