My first accident wif da GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newguy

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
:evil: had my first accident wif da Gs about 2 hours ago (16:30). no serious damage, just ticked off wif da idiot in the cage (some judgement mistake on my side, possibly). Doing about 100km/h I catch up to a hilux on a gravel road just outside klapmuts. Line him up to pass him and suddenly he decides to make a right turn (no flicker). He was slowing down to fast for me to swerve past his left and turning to the right to fast for me to accelarate past him. back brake locks up and I hit him on the right back. Knocked out his tail light and my damage is a broken handguard, bent flicker and a broken spark plug/ ignition lead. :?: some of you may be wondering how the sparkplug broke? The left cylinder passed underneath the rear bumper and it knocked the sparkplug, I actually managed to drive 30km with the sparkplug like that. Had it been on the other side, my oilcooler would have been smashed, as it is mounted on the right hand side crashbar.
Damage.JPG

on that note, can anybody suggest a place near to the durbanville area for plastic welding? I dont think glue will work on the handguard, it vibrates allot.
Oh ja, I am fine, back muscles might be a bit stiff tomorrow.