Accident 3rd party claim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R850GS
Hi All

I was involved in an accident with a hire vehicle. I'm only insured 3rd party, F&T so any claim is against the hire.co. Was hit on the side of the bike with damage to the front left of the vehicle (not nad, traveling around 40 km/h, so bike fell over - broken headlight and some cracked plastic....).

I'm struggling to get closure from Avis despite having sent a legal letter and am now in the situation of not wanting to throw good money after bad if the chance this won't progress is high (stupidly I only took a picture of the car after I had picked up my bike rather than showing it under the front of the car).. They haven't lodged a claim with my insurers either so my assption is they believe their case to be weak (incident in April).. Feedback is lack of evidence,.despite location of damage on the 2 x vehicles.

Has anyone had positive experience of closing out a 3rd party claim with a hire company maybe? And or know if video footage is available of national roads in Cape Town

Appreciated