Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: First ever enduro ride  (Read 393 times)

Offline Nambo

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
First ever enduro ride
« on: March 24, 2011, 12:35:51 pm »
Last Sunday I took a WR450 out for a spin, 2 hours actually. First time ever. It was exciting, tiring and pure fun! I've always wanted to get an enduro, now I'm convinced! Sorry, no pics.

What amazed me was the power that you've got! Whenever I suddenly came to a donga or thick sand or any relative small obstacle, give power and that front wheel lifts nicely. Awesome. I even dared to do little power slides around corners. We did beach, footpaths, 2spoor padjies and small water crossings. So much fun. Even thick sand was not too difficult.

I'm going to save up and buy me an enduro. That's it.

I WANT MORE! :ricky:

Offline Buff

Re: First ever enduro ride
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 12:42:57 pm »
 :thumleft: I know the feeling well, it's seriously addictive  :thumleft:
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Nambo

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 11:18:20 pm »
Big time. I just read your posts from beginning of this year. Even more motivated to get this going! I'm even contemplating to sell the Dakkie if need be.....

Offline Bring It On

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 11:27:24 pm »
Last Sunday I took a WR450 out for a spin, 2 hours actually. First time ever. It was exciting, tiring and pure fun! I've always wanted to get an enduro, now I'm convinced! Sorry, no pics.

What amazed me was the power that you've got! Whenever I suddenly came to a donga or thick sand or any relative small obstacle, give power and that front wheel lifts nicely. Awesome. I even dared to do little power slides around corners. We did beach, footpaths, 2spoor padjies and small water crossings. So much fun. Even thick sand was not too difficult.

I'm going to save up and buy me an enduro. That's it.

I WANT MORE! :ricky:

:thumleft: :thumleft: Way to go,.. "H". Being out in nature & off all the busy main roads,.. is always the best thing around. Just soooo much more enjoyable.
Happy 4 you that you've become "Converted"  to the wonderful world of DS riding ;D :thumleft: ;D :thumleft: ;D :thumleft:
"Always Believe In Yourself"

Quote: "Riding a Bike feeds something inside us, that Nothing else can"
Quote: "I Ride because it can turn the Worst Day into the BEST"

Offline lightning1

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 01:42:16 pm »
Now imagine just how excited you would have been if you were on a KTM 300!!!!!!
Loving the journey!

KTM 300 XC-W