Low Compresion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakar wanabe

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
Just experience some hard starting issues with my KLE500! Any input welcome, please!!

I had the KLE's head done incl. new valves about 18 months ago. Bike run like a dream ans started on the first push of the starter button, even in winter! About 8 months later I had some starting trouble when the engine was cold, some valve adjustments and it run once again like a dream, 3 months later needed more valve adjustment. Every time the valves was a bit tight, except the last time only the inlet valves needed to be adjusted.

Last week the trouble started over again and bike would not start if it is cold, also take ages to eventualy start when I jumpstart it! When it starts it run fine, if switched off it would immediatly start!

I checked the valves and it was fine!! Valve clearances was within spec, but I had no compression on the nr2 cylinder and way below average on nr1 cylinder? Head is tight and torqued to spec (double checked it), there is no visible signs of gasket failure? I have also done the "wet" test with the same results?

Just want to make sure I have not overlooked something? I have also checked spark and fuel delivery which is good. I also have the manual.

Thanks in advance!!!!