Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Husky 610 TE --- costs to run up to 25,000 km  (Read 3056 times)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
Re: Husky 610 TE --- costs to run up to 25,000 km
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 05:32:43 pm »
So True Alan--pity though -Husqvarna has been in bike manufacturing for over 100 years and have won so many world championships through the years  --

This year they have withdrawn from super motard as they have won everything there is to win for the last few years. The present bikes are still good enogh to win for another year or two. Looks like they are spending that money on development and improving their race bikes -- maybe we will see Husqvarna run the Next Dakar with a FULL factory team and would it not be awesome if someone like Cyril or Mark Coma ride for Husky --- ;D
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline M3X3Z3

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 05:47:51 pm »
Sure cheap to run  :thumleft:

I had my 1st ride on a 610 yesterday...... as the bike felt like a cheap matress, but I'm sure new oil ....

Jeee....., have a heart, the little Italian Hussy has obviously been ridden a lot, ...probably had her chassis buckled as well ....:peepwall:
Honda XR250  Husqvarna TE630  Husqvarna SM630  KTM 690

Online BMWPE

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Port Elizabeth
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 05:52:08 pm »
 :drif:
Rallye

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 05:53:49 pm »
Speedbrain Racing will let you have one for 39,000 Euro's

Hell --why am i poor --- ::)
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline dirtWarp

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 06:01:16 pm »
Sure cheap to run  :thumleft:

I had my 1st ride on a 610 yesterday...... as the bike felt like a cheap matress, but I'm sure new oil ....

Jeee....., have a heart, the little Italian Hussy has obviously been ridden a lot, ...probably had her chassis buckled as well ....:peepwall:
As said, I'm sure a service would cure the issue.
I was gonna say that you must relax, but I know some Husky guys are on full alert when I visit  ;D

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 06:11:46 pm »

Actually i had a look at Sidetrack's bike at sandstorm racing --the bike is still corked and all --needs to breath a little and sort the jets out --unfortunately the 525 ktm will nail it on top end --So will the 510 Huskie --

plain fact but who needs top end ? As a Old Timer once said on the Husky Forum --I Don't care how much horse power your bike puts out --does it transfer to the ground and can you use it ????
Current Scooters --

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 06:17:20 pm »
One thing about me I have no brand loyalty whatsoever, I buy and ride whatever tickles my fantasy or what seems like a good buy at the time. Some have been better than others, all have good points and all have weak points.

To be honest, although my 610 has never really let me down, I don't trust it 100% and always have an uneasy feeling, and will probably sell it one day due to that.   
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 06:22:49 pm »
One thing about me I have no brand loyalty whatsoever, I buy and ride whatever tickles my fantasy or what seems like a good buy at the time. Some have been better than others, all have good points and all have weak points.

To be honest, although my 610 has never really let me down, I don't trust it 100% and always have an uneasy feeling, and will probably sell it one day due to that.   

I am defiantely not Brand Loyal --had the BMW --had the Yamaha had the kawasaki had the ktm had the Honda's From a 250XR With the six speed box not the tornado crap 400 xr 650xr

Who knows maybe with Kawasaki Sa bringing in the Aprilla i may just get one when they have something that tickles my fancy at the moment i will just ride what i have --why --because tha'[s all i have --
Current Scooters --

Offline dirtWarp

• I crash like a champ!
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 06:24:40 pm »

Actually i had a look at Sidetrack's bike at sandstorm racing --the bike is still corked and all --needs to breath a little and sort the jets out --unfortunately the 525 ktm will nail it on top end --So will the 510 Huskie --

plain fact but who needs top end ? As a Old Timer once said on the Husky Forum --I Don't care how much horse power your bike puts out --does it transfer to the ground and can you use it ????
Cool, thanks for the info!

I suppose from a practical point of view you are right about putting the power down, but some like to power slide and the more top end you have, the bigger your smile

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 06:26:18 pm »

I suppose from a practical point of view you are right about putting the power down, but some like to power slide and the more top end you have, the bigger your smile

610's power slide beautifully, ever so controlled.

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 06:31:00 pm »

610's power slide beautifully, ever so controlled.

Very well  ;D and yhey chow the tyres as well  ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 06:35:38 pm »

Well --let me put it this way --come ride my 634 SMR Factory Work's Eddy Seel Replica with 75hp. I Promise you the smile will last a while -- The only bike that i have ever ridden that keeps me honest --
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:44:28 pm by blazes »
Current Scooters --

Offline dirtWarp

• I crash like a champ!
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2012, 06:38:21 pm »
Well it seems you guys are happy with the top end. ;)
Seeing as the bike was corked, my comments about it are useless.. so forget what I said

*Edit* blazes I find myself thinking about that SMR of yours rather often  :drif:
I thought my husaberg 550 pulls hard but 75HP!! that is awesome!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:45:22 pm by dirtWarp »

Offline dirtWarp

• I crash like a champ!
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2012, 06:45:30 pm »
Thanks for the offer but a bike like that... it will be like spending time with another man's wife.

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2012, 06:48:02 pm »
Thanks for the offer but a bike like that... it will be like spending time with another man's wife.

LOL  --Yep Carlotta --the strong one now stands in my lounge
Current Scooters --

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2012, 06:49:41 pm »

How did you get that past your wife?

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2012, 06:55:42 pm »

Single an Happy  ::) did not need to pass it -- now if i had a lift in my house i have this large studio i could move some of my bikes upstairs  ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2012, 06:57:05 pm »

Single an Happy  ::) did not need to pass it -- now if i had a lift in my house i have this large studio i could move some of my bikes upstairs  ::)

That explains the 6 bikes then  :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2012, 11:07:32 pm »
The forks and shock needs some attention as the bike felt like a cheap matress, but I'm sure new oil and proper settings will help a lot.

Not sure what you meant by this. Are you say the bike should have been nice and soft  like a good mattress?

I'm sure, given your experience with good off road bikes, you are well aware that good suspension isnt necessarily about how comfortable the rider feels - that's for BMW riders :biggrin:

Good suspension is all about keeping the wheels on the ground to give you traction, and I've ridden very few bikes that give you traction without any fuss and bother, regardless of the terrain, the way the 610 does!  Thats without much fiddling or tweaking as well - I set the bike up once when I got it and left it at that.
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline dirtWarp

• I crash like a champ!
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2012, 12:32:19 am »
The forks and shock needs some attention as the bike felt like a cheap matress, but I'm sure new oil and proper settings will help a lot.

Not sure what you meant by this. Are you say the bike should have been nice and soft  like a good mattress?
The inverse.
Felt like compression and rebound damping was set very low.

But I am used to riding Louwrens Mahoney's ex-450 so perhaps my expectations are high.. I don't know.
Thought I should just see what you guys suggest..
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 12:37:38 am by dirtWarp »