Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BMW and Husky ---????  (Read 970 times)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
BMW and Husky ---????
« on: February 04, 2012, 05:48:36 pm »
Been speaking to the current importers as well as to BMW ---

Looks like the politics are still keeping us from seeing the new models --

At the moment the current importer has had no new stock on his floor for over a year --sad but true --Sorry Marco if you read this .

BMW on the otherhand want to bring the bikes in and they will be sold on the same floor as the BMW's

Only selected BMW dealers will have a franchise -now here is the catch 22 --BMW will -Not invest millions while their are still some shady Husqvarna agents out there -

Pity --some of the guys at Primrose have been verry helpfull and know the bikes like well.

My suggestion to them all is --go and work for BMW and get paid well for all your years of experience  ::)

Stop hurting the brand that is doing well world wide --KTM runs a neat an professional shop in SA and worldwide -

Learm from BMW and KTM --stop bitching and let us have what we want ---

BMW will not bring any 2011 models in they told me --Why ? because the 2012 models will be here in a few months --sooooo guy's i will hear this week what's happening and let us hope they sort out their differences and we can soon see Husqvarna back to its former glory ---

Hang onto your bike the value of them will turn as the start to get sought after again --
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline BMWPE

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Port Elizabeth
Re: BMW and Husky ---????
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 05:55:11 pm »
Husqvarna TE 610 in crate--Still a Virgin --

Time to sell  ;D
Rallye

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 06:01:40 pm »
Nope --Madonna -- stay's where she is -- ;D
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline BMWPE

• Port Elizabeth
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 06:18:17 pm »

;D

I see that Cayenne are now the official impoter  for Beta 
I know you a Husky man but what are your views on the Beta ?
Rallye

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 06:22:57 pm »
The Husky agent in CT is absolutely bloody useless. I would not even buy a can of chain lube from them. 
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 06:29:38 pm »

;D

Beta is not a bad bike at all --very good components as well -they were on the same floor as KTM when Pro-Action was still going --

Unfortunately they sit with the same dilemma as Husky not promoted very well  --Gas Gas is also a great bike --

You want to sell bikes --dealers like ktm and BMW know how --walk inside what you like  --pay and its yours

Not like --i will import you one --just pay up front ??? I want instant gratification ----not pay up front for something in have not even seen on the floor or test ridden.

Racing also sells bike Butch Hirsch used to sponsor a lot of riders --and winning races make the brand very visible --
Current Scooters --

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 06:32:38 pm »

;D

Beta is not a bad bike at all --very good components as well -they were on the same floor as KTM when Pro-Action was still going --

Unfortunately they sit with the same dilemma as Husky not promoted very well  --Gas Gas is also a great bike --

You want to sell bikes --dealers like ktm and BMW know how --walk inside what you like  --pay and its yours

Not like --i will import you one --just pay up front ??? I want instant gratification ----not pay up front for something in have not even seen on the floor or test ridden.

Racing also sells bike Butch Hirsch used to sponsor a lot of riders --and winning races make the brand very visible --

TM and Sherco are in the same boat

Offline Gypsybaron

• My mind is like an eight lane highway - gridlocked!
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Pick a direction, not a destination, and ride!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 06:35:56 pm »
Hijack on:

If BMW becomes the official importer / dealer for Husqvarna and the guys at Primrose don't want to work for BMW and you get a problem with one of the bikes bought from Primrose, I think BMW is going to gooi you a big toffie if you want to claim it as a factory defect. Sad but true!

Hijack off
“All education is self-education. A teacher is only a guide, to point out the way, and no school, no matter how excellent, can give you education. What you receive is like the outlines in a child’s coloring book. You must fill in the colors yourself.” Louis L'Amour - The lonesome gods

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go." Randy Travis - Three Wooden Crosses

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 06:39:08 pm »

;D

TM and Sherco are in the same boat

Yep and they are also good bikes ---
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 06:43:27 pm »
Hijack on:

If BMW becomes the official importer / dealer for Husqvarna and the guys at Primrose don't want to work for BMW and you get a problem with one of the bikes bought from Primrose, I think BMW is going to gooi you a big toffie if you want to claim it as a factory defect. Sad but true!

Hijack off

Luckily we have enough huskie riders in SA who can fix there own bikes and do not need a Agent to fix the Older models --easy to repair and part -max 10 days from overseas if you need -- we have learnt to repair our own bikes out of lack of dealer support --
Current Scooters --

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 06:47:12 pm »
It's like "Any given Sunday" today with all the husky talk; I dig it :thumleft:

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 06:53:49 pm »
It's like "Any given Sunday" today with all the husky talk; I dig it :thumleft:

Was watching On Any Sunday and On Any Sunday Revisited with Malcolm Smith and Steve McQEEN  who funded the movie --the best money i spent on the 3 pack DVD --- :thumleft:

That's what biking is about --riding with friend and having FUN --
Current Scooters --

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 06:58:16 pm »
I have never seen on Any Sunday Revisited; must get that.

Offline BMWPE

• Port Elizabeth
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 07:13:18 pm »
which one ?
Rallye

Offline Berm_Rooster

• is childish hooligan, not a
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Mossel Bay every other 6 weeks
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 09:40:28 pm »
Blazes, where did you order the box set from, please!

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 06:40:14 pm »
Blazes, where did you order the box set from, please!

Got mine from the UK -- my ex --brother in-law got it for me and sent it to SA --cost were about R200.00 for the set
Current Scooters --