1190 45k km service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
After my last trip to the South coast and back the service warning came up as 250 ks to service! Was about time and I had a problem with the fuel sender unit. Decided to do the full service , couple of long rides must have the air filter full of dirt , so service it was . Now on my last service @ 30k km we did the shimming , oils filters but not the plugs , I re gapped them and fitted them back because plugs is a R1000.00 party gag , This time I fitted new ones . From buying the bike at 12000 ks 3.5 years ago I used Motul 4100 , 10-60 oil in the bike , worked so it was no problem , paid about R600 for 4 lt  and then bought a 1lt for top ups . Now I am not sure if it is oil related or nor but on occasion I would have a mis change from 5th - 6th , like a false neutral , clutch in and correct the shift , been riding for a long time so no biggy for me . This time round I went to buy Motul again but the price has gone to nearly 900 bucks for 4 lts , Decided to go a different route and bought 5lt of LIQU MOLY .
This morning was my first ride after the service and I am impressed , the gearbox feels way smoother , Bike pulls strong , yes its has been serviced with new plugs and all , but it just feels great , Very happy with my move to a new oil , still expensive , at R780 FOR 5 LT  but thinking of changing my Suzuki to is as well at the next service .