1190 Offroad Dongle DIY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danillp

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Hi Dogs,

I recently bought a KTM 1190 Adv R and really enjoying the motorcycle. Coming from a F800GS with ABS, I’m used to switching that off when going offroad. The 1190 on the other hand has traction control, offroad ABS etc. which is adjustable, but when you switch the motorcycle off and on again, it reverts back to the default settings. This is not a major issue, but still annoying. I understand that the offroad/bad fuel dongle sorts this out. Since I cannot really justify the cost for buying the dongle just to save myself from essentially pressing a few buttons everytime, I was wondering whether anyone managed to DIY this dongle yet? I know with the 1200 GS (LC), you can get Enduro Pro mode by jumping the wires and was hoping it’s a similar situation for the 1190.

I haven’t seen the inside of the dongle yet or managed to find any success on the internet aside from one video which doesn’t provide any instructions. Has anyone successfully done this or able to provide more information on what the dongle actually consists of? Thank you  :)