1190 seat cut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
leg lenght challenged has had me  come up with many "semi failed " ideas to lower my 1190 , retro fitted a R rear shock spring lock washer , ( it is 9 mm thinner ) worked but limited the preload adjustment on the shock and had me ride on a stiffer setting all the time .
read a new post on a lowering kit on a 790 , it was mentioned that trimming the seat can drop it by 30 mm , this is huge and keen to try this , but I have reservations , Will the seat still be comfortable on a long ride ? what make the seat comfortable ? I replaced my seats with a set of power part ergo seats ,supposed to be more comfortable, they look great , ad the KTM quality to the bike , but better I dont know . this has me second guessing cutting the seat to get it lower and then ending with a hard but ride that one wishes you never spent money on damaging a good seat .
So my question is , have you cut your seat and was the end result what you expected ? as far as removing seat padding? yes removing some of the sponge will drop the seat Hight , but did you give up seat comfort?