• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2000 Husqvarna TE610E project bike [SOLD]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crossed-up

Pangaman
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT500
I've had an enormous amount of fun with this bike, but it's time to sell it and get a small commuter. I've got the TE450 for the fun stuff.

It's licensed and road legal in my name so there are no hassles there. It has done about 22K km. The odo stopped when the speedo cable was ripped away by a bush.

It's about as tatty as a bike can get but still run. And run it does. It pulls like the proverbial train and is in a great many ways the nicest bike I've ever had. But I'm getting old and I want a NEW bike. I don't have the energy to tackle a restoration.

There are quite a lot of things wrong with it.  I'll start at the front.

The forkseals are complete toast.
One broken spoke on the front.
The speedo cable is MIA.
The choke/starter lever on the bars broke and is missing.
The speedo came with a broken hair-spring. I sommer stretched it and reconnected it. It under-reads the speed very badly.
The plastics are all either broken into little bits or in dreadful condition. I did replace the front mudguard.
The carburettor pisses fuel if you forget to switch the fuel off when parked.
The clutch plates are very worn and should be replaced one of these days.
The starter motor really needs a service. It usually starts very easily with a kick, but the starter spins the motor too slowly.
The timing chain tensioner mcgafter should be replaced. The coil spring inside broke and I fixed it, but I wouldn't trust it.
The seat needs re-covering, and while you're at it a bit of reshaping to stop one's parts being crushed against the tank in those energetic moments.  :eek:
One broken spoke at the back.

I replaced the wheel bearings, sprockets and chain not so long ago. It has tyres which have some life left, but they shouldn't be presented at roadworthy because they're motocross tyres.

I did the timing chain at 14 000 so it will be due for replacement one of these days.

I'm going to ride it at the quarry on Sunday while a friend of mine comes on the 450 so I'm fairly confident in the bike.

This is what it looked like when I bought it. It had been standing in the sun for many years and the plastics basically disintegrated as soon as I used the bike.

DSC00558.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

That 5l extra fuel tank you see behind the headlight didn't work and was beyond redemption.

This is what it looks like now!

IMG_20150226_171414.jpg

IMG_20150226_171430.jpg

It's yours on Monday for R10 000.  I'm not open to offers because I think the bike is a steal at this price anyway.

Latest posts