2003 KTM 525 exc roadworthy+supermoto conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCJAckal

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi guys,

I'm planning to get my 525 roadworthy, has anyone done this or know of someone who has? I'd really appreciate any help, historically I've not had the best luck with anything electric or electronic so help is definitely needed.

Also in the pipeline is a supermoto conversion for during the week that I may have a "commuter"  ;D The plan is to have two separate sets of wheels with hubs, discs and everything so that the conversion to either offroad or on-road will be as quick and painless as possible. Again, has anyone done this or know of someone that has?

I've done some research into the subject and it seems that it's recommended to have a cush drive if you're going to use the bike on road. It'll save the gearbox in the long run and there are some stories about shattered hubs of guys running without it. Apparently the LC4 640 rear hub will work, in reverse? Anyone have any further information or can you confirm this?

I really hope someone will be able to help me.