2008 Balancer Chain - Pricey Quote!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retard

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hello Chaps,

Just got my first DS bike after having the MX dirt bikes for a few years. Had a rebore and fitted new piston & rings last week, as previous owner hadn't kept the air filter clean and had sandpapered the inside enough to make it smoke like crazy.
Anyways, got it back from the Kawa dealers on Fri and did a nice 400km roundtrip over the weekend ... I can see this is going to be loads of fun!

Small thing though, is the workshop said I'll need to replace my balancer chain at the next service, and others have commented that it is quite noisy. Bit of a shame, as bike has only done 16,000km - clearly been mistreated in its short life.

Am I right in being shocked by this quote below, or is this pretty much what I should expect to pay?
Also I don't mind tackling the job myself as long as there's not too much risk of breaking something. Rebuilt a Toyota tazz engine in my time, but not too much motorbike engine experience..

Attachments

• BalancerQuote.png
    BalancerQuote.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 335