• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2010 Yamaha Tenere for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMN

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Good Morning All,

Firstly, yes, I am a newbie although been a guest for a long time and yes, I have formally introduced myself and no, this is not an exercise in simply seeking cheap advertising!

In November 2009 I decided to ride from Cape town to Cairo and having come off an XR650 thought that the ideal bike would be a Dakar class machine capable of being a proper dual purpose long distance bike. Weight and tank capacities were big factors and after much soul searching purchased the new Yamaha Tenere at the beginning of this year.

After spending nearly the value of the bike again in retro fitting it for the trip I have taken it on approx 5000km’s of reccie runs to see what the performance would be like fully loaded on, on and off road conditions. Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that the bike (for me) is not cut out for this trip for a variety of reasons. I am a big guy, then add the weight of panniers etc and that doesn't help. This necessitates stiffening the rear suspension and front forks (done by Martin Paetzold) such that the off road ride becomes truly remarkable however compromises the on road ride quality. Considering that C2C is 65% tar, this is obviously a problem but equally don't want to badly see my arse on the remaining 35% if I elect a more plush ride setting.

Complex on the road changes to suspension is not something that I want to undertake so have come to the conclusion that I need to change bikes before leaving IN 4 WEEKS TIME!!!

I have settled on the KTM 990 Adventure and KTM CT have been kind enough to undertake to retro fit all of the necessaries before leaving and soooo the Tenere is for Sale!!

This is the list (incl. extras) of what is being sold..

No. Item Brand Cost new
1 2010 Yamaha Tenere Yamaha R 89,500.00
2 Akrapovic exhaust system Akrapovic R 13,750.00
3 Brake lever extention      Touratech R 552.00
4 Over-cockpit NAV Bracket universal Touratech  R 905.00
5 High Front Mudguard (& standard) Touratech  R 1,750.40
6 side stand extension      Touratech  R 575.00
7 Main Stand with Fittings                            Yamaha R 1,885.96
8 Plumbed in accelerator cable Yamaha R 950.00
9 Plumbed in Clutch cable Yamaha R 323.52
10 On Board Power socket, universal X 2 Touratech R 1,420.00
11 Topbox Yamaha R 4,500.00
12 Zega Pro Pannier Frame Touratech R 5,286.40
13 Head Light Protector (steel)        Touratech R 1,344.00
14 Engine Guard L            Touratech R 5,048.00
15 Chain Guard                  Touratech R 1,760.00
16 Handlebar Bush Hand Guard Protectors Yamaha R 1,865.00
17 High Screen (4mmThick) Tinted Kappa R 880.00
R 132,295.28

As mentioned above, bike is new and has approximately 5500km and I am willing to let it go (incl the extras in the list) at R110,000 o.n.o.

Will also be doing the “autotrader” thing but think that this may be a bike that would appeal to a WD because of what it is and its extras.

I am based in CT.

Regards
RMN

Attachments

• WD.JPG
    WD.JPG
    280.1 KB · Views: 1,590