• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2x limited edition Honda XLV750R -looking for a good home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperDavexlv750r

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
The grandfather to Africa Twin and Transalp...

About 3 years ago I bought 100% original and complete XLV750R with the purpose of doing a full restoration.
About a year ago I bought SwannieBraai XLV750R that had gone through a restoration but picked up a problem with the motor.
After a lot of research I decide to buy SwannieBraai's XLV750R that was stripped now but licensed. So I found myself with 2 reasonably rare bikes.
The plan to rebuild the SwannieBraai bike first and then do full restoration on my bike.

Plans change as life happens and I find I do not have the time to dedicate to these special machines. I also do not have sufficient space to store and to work on them.

So...
I have decided to virtually give these away... ( virtually meaning at a very reasonable price ) but to someone that will be fully committed to bringing these to their full glory. Someone who is a collector and will not try to simply profit from this opportunity.

I don't know what reasonable would or should be. What I do know is what my basic cost has been and I am reasonably open minded to the right person making me a reasonable offer.

I am away from home for a while so there are no pics to post. You can look at SwannieBraai's thread on his rebuild for info on that bike. I will pits a pic from internet so you can see what the bike looks like generally.

My bike is 100% original with part restoration - clear coated the paint. Only non standard as far as I can ascertain is non oem mirrors and fuel pump changed to Facet. Original fuel pump is available as are a number of the parts. ALbeit in different Honda models.

Talk to me and if we can reach agreement this is a great opportunity to own 2 great machines.

I have had the XLV750 R off road over Breedt 's Nek and it was very capable and able to easily keep up the more modern machines. Very torquey motor and handles nicely. Have also been at Paradise Rally and had an awesome ride over Long Tom where the handling was exceptional through the mountain passes.

So....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 568