• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2x tyres need a lift from CPT to Durbs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braap

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Mirrag

It's a long story how I ended up with 2x rear tyres for two of my friends' 800GSs, but I now need to get these to Glen Anil in Durban. I am based on Cape Town and will bring the tyres to anyone close by who can get them to Durbs on or before the 26th preferably.

The longer story is that these tyres are for mates of mine travelling down from Cairo back to Cape Town, probably spending their life's savings, so not exactly flush with cash. They haven't been able to source tyres and asked me to buy locally and ship it to them in Malawi where they are now. Then the shipping company complicated things in ways I'd rather not get into, but they don't ship anything that isn't boxed, but don't have a big enough box obviously, and bespoke boxing was quoted at R800, and shipping at R3500.

If anyone is driving up coast in time, and has space for 2 tyres, or knows of a smarter way to go about this, please give me a shout! Either in reply here, or welcome to contact me directly on whatsapp: oh7nine 5 two 4 zero triple 4. You'd be helping these guys achieve a hard earned goal of getting back to Cape Town.