• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

ORDER JIS Drivers for Japanese Bikes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Aprilia 650 Pegaso
I'm planning to order some JIS screwdrivers from Canada.  We've all used Phillips screwdrivers on our Japanese bikes and damaged the heads (the pics below show why).  Japanese fasteners have JIS heads. 
  • These from GoFast Innovations tick all the boxes: https://www.gofastinnovations.com/about
If anyone's interested, PM me, we'll get a better rate on a bulk order (30 screwdriver sets per carton).  NOTE: The bit set DOES NOT include a driver, but can be used with any 1/4" driver.

Edit #1:  Bringing in one set will cost CAD40 to Cape Town (Canadian Dollars, 11.3:1 as at 31.10.18, currently around R500.  Excluding 20% Customs duty + charges, 15% VAT and delivery to you), bringing in a carton of 30 sets will reduce the unit cost and unit freight cost.  There's 20% Customs duty on the screwdrivers, the bits seem to be duty-free. 

Edit #2:   I'm going to let this post run for a few days.  To benefit from cheaper rates we need to bring in at least 15 sets, preferably a carton of 30.  Once I know the quantities I'll publish the landed and cleared Cape Town price, those interested will then have to commit with a 50% deposit (I'm not going to repeat my father's mistake: he imported an entire container of solar panels based on positive interest, when the container arrived the 'buyers' were no longer interested).

Edit #3:  To give everyone a fair chance I'm going to let this run until next Sunday (11 November). Once the costs are finalized I'll PM interested buyers bank account details for the 50% deposit. You would still need to factor in shipping from Cape Town to you.

Edit #4: ORDERS: If interested please complete the following JotForm, I will then contact you with prices once I know the final order quantity: https://form.myjotform.com/Ralf_CT/jis-order-form

Edit #5 No new orders will be accepted after 11 November.  Those who ordered must confirm payment by 3PM, 18 November.

Attachments

• JIS Screwdrivers.jpg
    JIS Screwdrivers.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 484
  • JIS Bits.jpg
    JIS Bits.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 475
  • JIS Bits 3.jpg
    JIS Bits 3.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 482
  • JIS Bits 4.jpg
    JIS Bits 4.jpg