500's For the Win

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonW

Grey Hound
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Boss Hoss (all models)
A group of KTM 500 riders got together in Pietermaritzburg this weekend for a few days of riding.

BuRP and Andre came down from Pretoria and Renrew traveled down from PE to meet up with Ianb and me

The Plan was to do an overnight ride To Zingela on Thursday, then back to Pmb on Friday, Shaun and Dawie and Darren were set to come down from Gauteng on Friday then join us for 2 more days of riding on Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately the best laid plans are sometimes messed up by factors outside our control, like the weather. Weather reports said 38 degrees for Pmb on Thursday, a lot cooler on Friday, torrential rain on Saturday, so I suggested to Shaun and Dawie that they give this trip a miss, which they did.

So early Thurday morning Ian, Werner, Bart, Andre and me set out through the Karkloof forests following Ian in the direction of CraigieBurn Dam for a full day of riding. I had been pedantic about warning the others to take lots of water and hydrate regularly, we were in for a scorcher of a day, temperatures in the Tugela Valley where we were headed would be in the 40's.

But for now it was cool and clear and the riding was great.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    588.1 KB · Views: 363
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    592.7 KB · Views: 358
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 353