Four Old Dudes Riding in Lesotho

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonW

Grey Hound
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Boss Hoss (all models)
Every year for the past 10 years I have taken a group of friends for a ride up into Lesotho in and around the Sehlabathebe National Park.

This year I decided on January 13 to 15, mainly because the serious rains are over by then, and the park and mountains are green and lush, compared to what they look like around August, which can be a bit brown and bleak.

Initially 6 hardy souls were invited and agreed to come along, namely IanB, Burp, exkdx, Grim and non-forum member Hans from Pmb. Unfortunately exkdx and Grim were forced to pull out of the trip beforehand, which left the four of us. Of the group I was the youngster at 59, with the others all north of 60 :)

Three of us were on KTM 500's, while Hans was on his almost brand new 350.

IMG-20230113-WA0001.jpg

The plan was for Ian Hans and me to leave Pmb Friday morning and then meet up with Burp at our Friday night destination, St Bernard's Peak Lodge, just outside of Swartberg. Burp would be travelling down on his own from Pretoria.

20230113_181210.jpg

20230113_181224.jpg

After stopping off for a good lunch in Underberg, where we met up with Grim who had a bike brake caliper he needed to give to Burp to take to Pretoria with him, we got to the Hotel quite early. Weather was quite warm, but nothing like the sweltering 35 degree plus temps we have been having in Pmb for the preceding week.

Predictably the beers started flowing shortly after our arrival.

20230113_145402.jpg

20230113_144227.jpg