'73 Honda CB500 Four - Long-term Restomod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Paynter

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Okay, so at last (it's been a loooooong time coming) I have got my project home to my new house and I will start getting everything polished and cleaned up, and undoing what some other witless previous owners have done.
(Rather shocking)

I picked up this CB on Gumtree for R5k, I had seen the ad, it was local and 'had papers' but no photos meant I wasn't THAT interested but with some gentle nudging by Braam, and him showing me some photos that guys had already got off the guy, and a pre-negotiated price, I went and took a look.

It was dark, she was shabby, but she started and sounded nice at least, and like most guys, I had instant dreams of saving this old girl and having her take pride of place in my garage etc etc.
I rode her home the next evening and planned to hold off just a bit as I was soon to be moving, and decided to roll her wherever I would end up in one piece.

A year and a half later, I've bought my first house and renovated it and made space in the garage to get to work.
I wanted to go full resto, but a lot of things are proving nigh on impossible to find, soooo I will be going as close to stock as possible with a few mods. Picture Stock with pod-filters, a replaced/repositioned ignition switch of some sort as I cant find an original ignition barrel aaaaand more than likely aftermarket pipes for a long time because OEM/NOS are ridiculously expensive 4-into-4 numbers.

Pictures to follow shortly.