790 R vs 890 R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emperor zog

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
I think to know just how good the 890 R is you need to have ridden the 790 R. KTM have taken a fantastic bike (the 790) and have upped the game to produce a bike which is truly next level. Having done > 15000km( almost all off road) I decided to go for the 890 R and am absolutely blown away by the bike. The power gain and more particularly , the torque gain, may not look like much on paper but it is huge in terms of how it has altered the bike. The suspension has been significantly improved, the brakes are so much better. The engine is much smoother with less vibration. The clutch action is much improved. Somehow the overall handling of the bike feels that much better. Its unfortunate that the so called tech pack doesn't come standard with the bike and you have to pay a lot extra for it, but it is essential. This gives you "rally mode", quick shifter, cruise control. Off road I ride the bike in rally mode, with street throttle control, traction set to 4 or 5 and off-road abs. The bike feels invincible. On tar nothing holds you back, the bike is so damn willing, so responsive. What a bike! The best dual purpose adventure bike out there.