990Adventure s 2008 not starting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

africana

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
After numerous bucks thrown into the water by buying batteries and paying hours of labour only to find nothing wrong concerning the electrical system. At least from two different mechanics saying the same thing. Bike ok and no problem. Sat went to shopping center and when I wanted to leave after about 2 hours bike won't start. All lights on, in neutral gear or not, nothing works. So I don't think side stand switch (but can be wrong). After whirring the engine she took and off we went. Next stop again after about an hour no ways would she start at all. Kept her going and now the battery flat because of all the whirring. Sounds she made as if the engine is going start now - fast turning over of engine, like just-just before the engine starts but it doesn't want to go that extra bit to start. Pushed her home.... :dousing: NOT happy. Put battery on charge and this morning started 3 different times without problem - 1st turn of engine as used to do. New battery is a Yusan two weeks old and fair amount of riding, at least every second day if noit everyday. Agreed, not long distance all of them but no problem starting.

Battery previously charged but never went to green light either this on a new charger

Any suggestions before I burn the bike to ash?