A fleeting road trip to the garden route on a Bushlander

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monteith

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F700GS
Good day  :)

Planning  my first longer trip on the bushlander so I'm very exited and would like to get some input on the route and places to stay from the more experienced travellers.

The plan is to set out from Witsand (near Heidelberg) and finish in Witsand one week later - unfortunately current  schedule
doesn't allow for multi week travelling but I guess any trip is better than no trip  ;)

Some details:  
We would like to keep the daily maximum to approximately 300km. The bushlander cruize very comfortably at 80-90km/h.  :ricky: I can get it just over 100km/h but it is hard work so tiring (or maybe i'm just being a girl but either way... distance per day should not be much longer)

We would like to spend as much as possible time on gravel roads and off the high ways.  I have not yet made up my mind about sleeping in backpackers/guesthouses or camping and is open to suggestions.

Initially the plan was to take the round trip towards Barrydale and Montagu and from there to Outshoorn , George  and Mosselbaai,  then back to Witsand but i have read some suggestions on other threats and it seems that there are very nice roads closer to Knysna (saw pictures of Kom se pad and teniqua treetops which looks amazing) so now I am not sure.

We plan to do it in April or May when it is a bit cooler.

I would love to get suggestions. :wav: