A newbie from the bushveld

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Good day to all of you!

I am Lodie de Jager, living in the beautiful bushveld town Naboomspruit in the Limpopo region. I moved here four years ago and I don't miss Pretoria (or any other city) a second!

I am riding a KLR 650 and did nearly 15 000 km's since March last year. To say that I am happy with the bike is an understatement.

As soon as I've figured out how to upload a photograph I will do so.

This year is going to be a great year. On 15 March I'll leave Naboomspruit and start with my journey across Africa to Germany. I give myself three months. Whether I am going to stop after three months? We'll have to wait and see. Thanks to wonderful colleagues, Lize and Suzanne, I can take the time off, and if they pull finger (bad English?) perhaps I can stay on the road a bit longer!

My philosophy on my journey: Why rush? Why proof anything? It will not be the fastest run over Africa, I will not be the first to be anywhere along the route, I am going to ENJOY every second of the ride. Bad times never last, but who says good times cannot last much longer?!  :D

I will be honoured if you would join me on my trip by following it on my website www.naboom2germany.co.za

Well, I wish you all many thousands of accident free kilometers, sunshine on the back, money in the pocket, peace in the heart, and the urge to go discovering with your bike.

Lodie