A proud dad's Xmas present!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooikat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR500
So, out of the blue, I received this in my Xmas stocking! From my lovely daughter, 63magic.
2008 Xcountry, 14 000 km. I am so blessed in having three sons and one daughter, my favourite daughter being 63magic. Many, many thanks!

This delays my trip to the Cape by another month, due to another breakin in Nov and my youngest son's long delayed visit from Belgium. The reasoning behind this magnificent gift being the Honda's kickstarter and questions about its reliability. This puts the finishing touches to the XL's refurbishment on hold (screen, exhaust, crashbars), but I won't be selling it - just yet! So when I go down in February (I still have a lot to do in Jan, including attending my Swedish friend's 60 th birthday party in Zeerust), it will be on the BM. The saddle will need padding, as the original was designed by a shor tarse German with even shorter legs than a midget in a circus. The saddle bags were stolen in Nov, about the only valuable item they took, and will be replaced. The top box bracket will have to be remade, as the present bracket interferes with the saddle bag brackets.

But aren't I lucky??? :laughing4:

Attachments

• Xmas-2011-73.jpg
    Xmas-2011-73.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 373
  • BMW-X-689.jpg
    BMW-X-689.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 370
  • ready-to-roll-595.jpg
    ready-to-roll-595.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 370