A strange Request...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappa-B3r

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Ok so a bit of a strange request...

I am part of the North West University team that is doing the Sasol Solar Challenge on 24 September.. We are driving our solar car the Sirus X25 from Pretoria to Cape Town in 8 days powered entirely off the sun..

https://www.solarchallenge.org.za/

I bought a Garmin Nuvi Drive 50 and a Givi mount for my 1150 GSA to do the trip down to Capetown from Pretoria. All the routes are loaded on the GPS and everything is ready to go !

Only one problem, no matter how I adjust my GPS mount I am not able to see the screen, due to glare etc on the Nuvi mount (plastic cover). Powering the GPS from the bike also limits the screen brightness to 70%. Have to use a Garmin power adapter to get to 100%.

So having spent R 3500 I can not see were I am going... Except in the night... but then the Solar car is not an excellent performer in the night...

So to get back to the request... Is there a dog here willing to lend / rent me his/her Zumo with a mount.. So that I can see where i am going ??

If there is no one, are there companies that rent out this type of GPS ?

Attachments

• Media.jpg
    Media.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 556