Advice needed on Sony HDR-AS15 action cam.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plaky

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
To all you techno buffs I need some advice.
I bought yesterday the Sony HDR-AS15 action camera and I am a little technologically challenged.
I need some advice re the SD card, it looks like a micro one for this cam. I was told from the guy I bought it from that I should buy a class 10 SD card. What is this type of card and I assume it has to do with size and resolution?
My second question is what will be the best way to mount it on my helmet? I see that Sony offers a side head mount kit, that you put over your helmet on the side. The current adhesive mount does not keep the cam upright but sideways and I will probably have to buy the adapter to keep the cam upright. I see that TakeAlot has the stuff I am looking for but would like to go to a shop and see the various option that I may have to mount this cam. What shops in Cape Town would be the best for me to go to and check out all the accessories?
Do any of you have this Sony action cam and can give me advice on the best ways to mount it and various tricks they have picked up over time. I am looking forward to it as I want to show everyone what our infamous Shummi WP gets up to in the traffic!
Thanx in advance.